Nathan Burton

WTB Costa Tuna Alley

This is a long shot but I'm looking to buy a like new pair of Costa Tuna Alley's in Matt black with 580g blue lenses. 

Not what asked for, but I have a pair of Costa hammerheads for sale. Brand new 580 lenses,  gray and black in color and gray lenses.  

Worn once,  didn't end up liking how they fit my head,  comes with a black carrying case. 

I will keep that in mind sir. I'm really gonna try to find a pair of tuna Alleys first. 

• Like 1

Perhaps this is too obvious but try flea bay if you haven't. They usually have pretty good deals on Costas. Also if you're freshwater fishing, don't get the blue lenses.

6 hours ago, DenhamBruce said:

Perhaps this is too obvious but try flea bay if you haven't. They usually have pretty good deals on Costas. Also if you're freshwater fishing, don't get the blue lenses.

I really appreciate that insight. I was minutes away from getting a a blue pair online. Is green the best way to go for freshwater?

• Like 1

Green lenses 580g, has better contrast and handles lower light situations better than the blue lenses.  I have a pair of tuna alley 580G green mirror sitting on my face right now :). 

Also- check out Amazon, that's where I got mine for much less than MSRP. 

Ahhh. Very much obliged. Green is gonna be the route intake. I can't wait to get these bad boys in. I've messed with polarized Oakleys, but the lake apparently liked them much better than I did. I decided it was time to take another route. 

You won't be sorry. I picked up the Fisch 580G green and they are the best. I have had Revo and Maui. I went to Cabelas and tried on a bunch of Costas, then wen theme and bought them on Amazon and saved about $80.  The Fisch did the trick because apparently my head is close to pumpkin size! Green is awesome. 

ps. I need any good shore fishing spot ideas in KY. I was just assigned that territory for work. Heading to Louisville Wed and Lexington Thurs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swimsenkorules said:

You won't be sorry. I picked up the Fisch 580G green and they are the best. I have had Revo and Maui. I went to Cabelas and tried on a bunch of Costas, then wen theme and bought them on Amazon and saved about $80.  The Fisch did the trick because apparently my head is close to pumpkin size! Green is awesome. 

ps. I need any good shore fishing spot ideas in KY. I was just assigned that territory for work. Heading to Louisville Wed and Lexington Thurs. 

I currently work in Lexington and live in Richmond. In lex you've got Jacobson park but it's really only good for catfish and bluegill. Once in a blue moon someone will pull a bass out of there. There are some spots on the Kentucky river that I've found via google earth but I've never had too much luck. Your best bet is to go a little north and fish elk horn. Theres some good smallies in there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, swimsenkorules said:

I went to UK (go big blue!) and lived in Lexington for close to 10 years. If you have a car, drive to Frankfort (about 20 min from lexington). The Elkhorn creek is beautiful and easily waded in some parts. Like what @Nathan Burton said, it's teeming with smallmouth. Look for "the forks of the Elkhorn" where the creek has many arms. Rebel crawfish, white spinner, tubes, typical creek fare all do well if memory serves. Good luck and enjoy the bluegrass!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2016 at 0:38 PM, swimsenkorules said:

I too have the Fisch 580G green lenses and they are the way to go. I highly recommend! 

On 9/15/2016 at 4:00 PM, fishballer06 said:

If you're still looking, PM me. I know a Costa dealer who always takes care of me. 

Im interested...