Just heard about this company called "Favorite." Kind of a poor choice of name in my opinion, but that's beside the point. They claim to make the lightest rods on the market.

http://favoriteusa.com/rod/summit-casting-rod.html

Looks like there's no handle, you just rest your hand on the blank I guess. Seems like it would be real sensitive, I'd like to hold one and see what it's like.

Thoughts?

Yeah seen that LunkersTV is now using these. They look interesting but the Summit model is a little pricey for me. As you say, would like to get my hands on one before buying, but not like they are down at the local Gander Mountain. 

• Like 1

Appears that the first guide is some type of roller guide. They look nice but idk how I'd feel about no type of grip. I already don't care for rods that have too skinny of a grip. Can't imagine not having anything there at all. 

• Like 2

If you typically palm your reel, this would be the rod for you. Not familiar with this manufacturer so I can't speak for the quality of it. Definately an interesting concept though. 

My 10' steelhead rod is 3.4oz and it's 10 foot long.  I haven't put my 9' on a scale but it's made just like my 10' so it's most likely lighter yet. I'm not impressed with a 6'2" rod that's not even a 1/2 oz lighter. That's just me. Maybe I'm being to picky I don't know.

Since I'm cheaper than most and I've got name brand rods from yard sales and ugly sticks, the price of one of those rods would buy about a dozen of mine, and I bet I wouldn't catch anymore fish with it than I do now.

• Like 4

I got to feel this rod at Forrest wood cup expo.  Nice rod. good feel to it. Seemed really sensitive.  Just don't have that kind of funds for a rod that I haven't heard of yet. 

Had never heard of them but after seeing this post I looked them up and am very intrigued...this stupid sight...

• Like 1

build a custom K2 with no handle and micro's and i'm sure it would be lighter than those rods ...

• Like 3

On 8/28/2016 at 7:55 AM, RAMBLER said:

Since I'm cheaper than most and I've got name brand rods from yard sales and ugly sticks, the price of one of those rods would buy about a dozen of mine, and I bet I wouldn't catch anymore fish with it than I do now.

I was like that for a long time until I dragged a football jig with my first Dobyns Champion rod... now I own 5, lol.  You still catch fish with cheaper rods, but you would be very surprised the amount of bites you are probably missing.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, d-camarena said:

How did this thread not get locked? Its just like the other recent threads that have been locked

I don't know what threads you're talking about. What causes threads to be locked?

You did nothing wrong, i was just curious because usually when people make a thread asking about brands not sponsoring the site or new brands they get locked. To avoid brands pushing their products. 

Those rods look nice though

• Like 1

I held them at iCast and thought similar to the others. If you palm your reel, this isn't uncomfortable at all. 

Feels pretty light, blank is crisp, and should be good in the sensitivity department. It looks like they are more popular in the European market. For the price you have a lot of other options. 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, rippin-lips said:

Appears that the first guide is some type of roller guide. They look nice but idk how I'd feel about no type of grip. I already don't care for rods that have too skinny of a grip. Can't imagine not having anything there at all. 

that's a reverse stripper guide ..

14 hours ago, Big Bait Fishing said:

that's a reverse stripper guide ..

The first guide he is talking about isn't a guide at all, its a movable hook keeper like that ones that come on the Okuma Helios rods.

On 8/27/2016 at 6:28 PM, rippin-lips said:

On 8/27/2016 at 6:28 PM, rippin-lips said:

http://www.***.com/Fuji_Ez_Keeper/descpage-FUJIEZK.html    <--- This is a TW site so you will have to go yourself and search since we can't post anything on this d**n site....

This is what you are talking about, the Favorite ones just look nicer.

50 minutes ago, DanQS13 said:

The first guide he is talking about isn't a guide at all, its a movable hook keeper like that ones that come on the Okuma Helios rods.

This is what you are talking about, the Favorite ones just look nicer.

It's a Fuji EZ keeper. The pic got distorted on my phone when I zoomed in. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Yeah I also heard about the rods threw lunkerstv bit pricey if you ask me, I think the name of the rods will be their down fall. What were they thinking seriously did a 10 year old come up with the name!

• Like 2

They look nice but at that kind of money there are lots of others I'd rather have, including custom

38 minutes ago, timsford said:

They look nice but at that kind of money there are lots of others I'd rather have, including custom

I agree, I would rather have another Dobyns Champ or DX

build your own…………..the fish will come………...

• Like 1

For more or less that price you can make your own custom rod or buy several quality rods that have been proven to deliver what they promise.

• Like 1

On August 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, DanQS13 said:

I was like that for a long time until I dragged a football jig with my first Dobyns Champion rod... now I own 5, lol.  You still catch fish with cheaper rods, but you would be very surprised the amount of bites you are probably missing.

Wait till you use something better than that champion. You'll be surprised once again. 

• Like 1