Sign in to follow this  
freelancer27

Giving away a huge set of Bass Lures for free

Hi guys,

I just went through my stuff over the weekend and realized that I have a lot of gear that I am not really using. Therefor I decided to sell it. After I thought a bit more about it, I decided to donate the set to someone that is on a budget and that would really enjoy them.
I am fortunate enough to be able to allocate some money to fishing, so I hope I can make somebody else happy.

I would prefer to give this to a kid with no money. So if you are interested please send me a PM with an explanation on why you think you deserve the set and a little story how a perfect fishing day would look like for you.

Here is a link to the set (I will probably throw in some soft baits as well).

Cheers,

Seb.

• Like 8

If there is a Jr. BASS Federation Nation, or The Bass Federation Jr. school group near you, donate it to them. That is what I do as well as some of my friends.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne P. said:

If there is a Jr. BASS Federation Nation, or The Bass Federation Jr. school group near you, donate it to them. That is what I do as well as some of my friends.

There is none that I am aware of. The next Bass Club is quite a bit away. Not much bass fishermen where I live, I guess...

Passing this along from one of my club members, if you're interested:

All:  Several of our members are leading an effort to collect any packages of baits that you no longer want and these will be donated to New England Paralyzed Veteran anglers.    The NEPVA will be conducting an event on Winnipesaukee September 9-11.  They are also looking for volunteer boat captains for this event. 

Bass Pro Shops donated some Plano boxes that we can fill with bait for the anglers. 

Let me know if you have some donations and I’ll find a way to get them.  Please pass this along to all your club members.

Thanks.

John Foster

C: 617-780-1777

Email: jpfoster@mit.edu

• Like 1

First of all, kudos to you sir!

This has been said before but I'll bring it up again, just make sure you get the parents of the lucky kid on board with this ;).

Great work man.

• Like 1

Great random act of kindness.  That's why Bass Resource is the best fishing forum.  

I doubt that this would happen here but last time I did this with a bunch of extra fishing tackle, I responded to the most genuine (I thought anyway) craigslist ad of the dozens I received. Ended up meeting a pair of toothless meth heads that tried to sell me a canoe after I gave them ~$60 worth of tackle for nothing.

Gotta love craigslist. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I've donated baits to high schools and jr fishing teams on a couple different occasions. I feel more confident that they're going to deserving kids that way than sending them to an unknown individual.

• Like 1

Best way to make sure it gets used is to go fish some metro ponds, observe the city kids fishing and find one that seems like a good kid and hook him up.

I have started to do the same thing with my surplus tackle I don't use. I keep a box on my boat of give away stuff. When I'm cruising around the lake and see some kids with only a couple baits, I'll toss them some of my give away stuff. Sometimes I'll even spool them up with new line if I see they are using 40 lb mono for drop shotting. 

You may also want to take a look at donating to the wounded warrior project. They have fishing tournaments and the people who take out the wounded vets have to provide all the tackle. I have seen Lews donate a bunch of rods and reels at these tournaments before (made me a fan of lews).

1 hour ago, benzmech said:

You may also want to take a look at donating to the wounded warrior project. They have fishing tournaments and the people who take out the wounded vets have to provide all the tackle. I have seen Lews donate a bunch of rods and reels at these tournaments before (made me a fan of lews).

Good suggestion.  WW may not need/accept the tackle.  If not, there's a couple other good veteran organizations that might: Heroes on the Water (HOW) and Reel American Heroes.  Healing Waters is another, but I believe they're focused on fly fishing.

HOW is the one I've been involved with and we have chapters all over that might be interested in donations. 

check with local high schools some might have a bass club and could probably use the gear and the goodwill…..you are an honorable man. thank you.

I'm still a kid at heart!!!  Some might even call me immature.  Gimme gimme gimme!!!!!

Ok, the OP has made his offer. I'm closing this out now.

• Like 1