Sign in to follow this  
Janderson45

Shimano TLD30IIA

This might be a long shot here as I'm aware it is a freshwater bass fishing forum, but certainly I can't be the only one here with an interest in the saltwater side of things too..

so for sale/trade I've got a Brand new in box with papers Shimano TLD30iia, purchased in early May for shark fishing in the Outer Banks North Carolina.  Due to some really lousy weather during our stay in OBX, the reel never even got wet.  It did however get spooled up with 40lb big game as a bit of backing, topped with 700yds of hi-vis yellow 80lb test suffix 832.  I've also got a 5'6 stand up tuna rod that this was supposed to be used on.  Paired with some high lb test mono and steel leaders along with some stout terminal tackle, this set up should be capable of catching sharks/tuna/whatever else up to around 500lbs (so I was told at any rate).  I've seen a 250lb shark taken on the same reel, I'm sure a 500lber would be pushing the limits but it's plausible.

Take the brand new reel with box and papers, plus 700yds of 80lb braid and backing for 300.00. This is just shy of what the reel itself costs brand new, you'll be getting the braid for free essentially.

If anyone is interested in the rod and the reel, make it 370.00 plus shipping.  I've also got the steel and mono leaders, large circle hooks, swivels, crimps, etc.. Everything you'll need for big game/off shore fishing.  

heres where it may get interesting, I'm also willing to consider offers for trades.. Predominately looking for other bass rods/reels but nothing too specific... Just an equal value trade that catches my eye could do the trick... 

Let me know!  I'll post pics up a little later too!

I'm going to go ahead and knock the reel down to 275.00 TYD.  Taking a big hit here on a reel that never even saw action. .. I realize this probably isn't the forum to sell this reel on, so with that said this will be my final price reduction or post in this thread unless I get any interest. 

Looking to unload this again!  Could make a great Christmas present for anyone looking to get into offshore or big game fishing!

New, never been used or seen water Shimano TLD30iia two speed lever drag reel, still spooled with 700 yards of 80lb suffix 832 braid!  Comes with box, papers, and all accessories!

shimano-tld30iia.jpg.debdcb4e9161b5534a2f405d5ca5efca.jpg

$225.00 shipped!    $310.00 reel with ~$75 of braid spooled up on it!

Will consider trades for bass fishing reels or rods of similar value...  get in touch via PM or email...

andersonj459 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Here's an example of one of my recent off shore catches to get the gears churning!

rMoq6zd.jpg