Sign in to follow this  
JustJames

New of everything!!!!

It gets a bit cooler down here in SoCal so I went fishing this morning from 6:00 a 8:30 AM. I happened to have a few new lures to try so there I goes hit my regular pond. It is a community good size lake.

Got to the lake at 6:00 AM, pretty foggy temp around 68 degree. I saw a few bass jumpling and boiler. Good opportunity to try my new zman hard leg forg. First cast boom bass hit the frog but missed. I talk to myself, Its gonna be a good day today. a few more cast boom again, now the bass hooked but I didnt set the hook just keep the line tight, fight for a couple mins the bass unhook itself. I said ti myself WTH, but very happy since this is my topwater action for a very long time. To make everything short, keep using the same lure and hook for another 10-15 mins with a few miss bites and another hooked bass and unhook itself. Hummm there might be something wrong with the hook I was using( weighted worm keeper hook with screw in), so I switched to regular EWG 3/0 hook. A few more casts and boom again?. This time land about 1lbs bass, my very first on hard leg frog.

image.jpg

To be continued. ???

• Like 3

Next....

Keep using the frog for another 10 mins with a few more miss bite and did not land anything, so I move to another spot, try a few cast no action no boiling of shad, so I forced myself to swith the lure. This time also new plastic to me Zman TRD/ smoke shad color on wacky modified dropshot rig(I dont have nerd jig justyet). Casting out not very far from bank 5 mins later got this one landed.

image.jpg

I fished with this setup for another while since dropshot is alway my things and I have most success with it. I landed total 3 bass all 2-3lbs class with this setup. Finally lost my dropahot weight, again forced myself to change lure. This time new again chatterbait with perch/buleguill color with stock trailer. 10-15 later I got a big surprise with this pretty good size bass.

image.jpg

Fish there at the same spot until the sun start coming out. I got another bite on chatterbait pretty good size/ jumped and lost her. Now time to go home.

to be continue .....?

• Like 3

While walking back to my car pass the first spot and noticed some boiling. I told myself why not, the frog still on my spinning rod let do a couple more cast. I cast a couple times for nothing until my last cast, almost to the bank BOOM? pretty big this time. Set hook and fight for a good few mins and land this beauty.

image.jpgimage.jpg

the end.....

thanks for reading.

Temp: 68 foggy

• Like 3

I wouldnt say 3 maybe just a 2 lol, but this morning one defenitely more than 2 lbs.?

image.jpg

• Like 1

Congratulations!That is a healthy looking bass.

• Like 1