Carterjig68

Looking DC Reels

Hey guys, I'm on the hunt for a couple reels. One is a shimano excense dc and the other is a shimano metanium dc. let me know if any of you have any that you'd be willing to let go for a decent price.

You might have luck with a Metanium DC (in fact there's one for sale on another fishing site right now), but the Exsence hardly ever turns up used. Most people I talk to prefer non DC Mets (13 and MGL), so take that for what it's worth.

Both reels fetch a premium now, since the yen has been making a comeback, so good luck finding a decent price. $300 would be fair for a good condition Exsence or Met now based on what I've seen.

Good luck!

9 hours ago, kickerfish1 said:

What is your range?

probably up to around $300 or so

You can spend $300 on a good, middle of the road reel, or $415 shipped on Shimano's best baitcaster and most advanced DC system. Mine hasn't been used since the Shimano platinum service. Let me know if you want pictures. 

3 hours ago, UFpwrLifter said:

You can spend $300 on a good, middle of the road reel, or $415 shipped on Shimano's best baitcaster and most advanced DC system. Mine hasn't been used since the Shimano platinum service. Let me know if you want pictures. 

$300 gets you quite a bit more than a middle of the road reel. I've owned a Calais dc. They're fantastic, but almost twice as heavy as newer, MG framed reels. The newer Shimano iterations are better performers, too.

To belittle some of the best reels available for a decade old (but very good) reel... well I'll let you complete that thought. Might be a little salesmanship going on here?.

• Like 1

I guess "middle of the road" is in the eye of the beholder. The Calais is the least expensive reel I own, pardon my comment if it offended you.

Good luck in your search OP.