Sign in to follow this  
RippinLips1992

Front Livewell Removal from Tracker PT-175

I have owned my Tracker PT-175 for about 2 years now and have not had many complaints about it.

However, the more and more tackle that I buy, the more and more I see that this boat lacks sufficient storage.  I am not a tournament angler, but I am on the water every weekend.  This leaves me finding the second livewell on the front deck pointless.  I currently have the plug held in place with silicone to allow no water to enter from the bottom, and the fuses pulled for the aeration system.  This still only leaves me we a small box that is very oddly shaped and doesn't hold much more than a couple of life vests.  My goal would be to make the box on the left mirror the box on the right.

Has anybody had experience in removing a livewell from a boat?  What do I need to look out for and are there any tricks to make my life easier.

I have already changed the battery charger on the boat, converted it from a 12 to 24 volt system, installed a new trolling motor, installed a transducer on the trolling motor and the stern, and two new graphs on the console and the front of the boat, so I am fairly capable of doing to the work myself.  Just need some advice.

Thank you in advance!