Spyman42

WTB - Whopper Plopper

I have both, the 190 is bone and the 130 is perch. Both are in excellent condition. Let me know if interested.

Cabelas has them listed online @ $8.99, which is $4 less than I paid for one at Dick's. Looks like they're all out of stock though. I think the secret is out.

16 minutes ago, dallasdb said:

I haven't been able to find any whopper ploppers locally. Everyone is sold out.

Tacklewarehouse.

I bought 2 130s the other day.

Ebay. That auction site. No tax and if you search you can find free shipping. 

3 hours ago, dallasdb said:

Ya but I don't have a "need" for enough stuff to get free shipping :( 

Dont lie to yourself man

• Like 3

I would be lying if I said I have never bought $35 of tackle to get free shipping on the one $15 lure I needed. Bait monkey can be ruthless at times.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nathan Burton said:

I would be lying if I said I have never bought $35 of tackle to get free shipping on the one $15 lure I needed. Bait monkey can be ruthless at times.

Happened to be twice this week...lol

• Like 2

Maybe where your at, but they get destroyed on the right day. Just like any tackle. 

You can never spend too much at tackle warehouse!

They are on sale at my Cabela's (OKC) right now: 130 for $10.49 & 90 for $8.49. A steal of a deal. Idk if this deal is at all Cabelas but it's worth a try.

I went and fished a buzzbait exclusively tonight, I've gone nights and fished a popr exclusively...I feel like the WP is the best of both worlds

Normally I wouldn't think twice about spending $50 but my significant other went back to school and her income SIGNIFICANTLY dropped and rent in Denver has skyrocketed. So at the moment I'm stretching pennies so thin they're like copper wire! 

We have enough to make it but anything out of the ordinary gets a second thought and put through the "do we really need to spend $ on this" test :)

And honestly I have acquired so much stuff that I haven't used more than a few outings. I'm focusing on what I have and making sure I'm using that. 

Today I went out to an unnamed pond, saw fish activity but couldn't tell if there were any bass. After a few hours and one small crappie, I switched ponds and saw some big ol carp sucking the surface. Ran to the grocery store, got some white bread and sweet corn and caught three nice sized carp!

Cost me less than $2 and they fought better than the dink bass I've been catching lately!

• Like 2