whitwolf

The Importance of preserving some history

@BASS302

Rebel made more than crankbaits my friend and with that In mind, you are the first participant. :)

1.  I collect lures that I had as a kid, or that my Grandad had.

2.  Rebel Crawfish. (Used to have some)

3.  When did they quit selling plastics?

1977 was when I graduated from High School.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 12:42 PM, whitwolf said:

It has been awhile, life, computer problems, etc......

There was once a club called the Rebel Pack Rat Society. I never joined and quite honestly probably wouldn't have had I known it existed. The collector; some do It strictly based on value, others for sentimental reasons and yet others collect to sell.  Whatever the reason(s) it's an entirely personal choice. I'm definitely In the minority in that Rebel baits(Pradco) are not a high dollar commodity nor will they be unlike some of the older Bagley's, Creek Chubs, etc. This was and Is strictly sentimental and you honestly can't place a value on that. 

Simply put, I love Rebel baits and unapologetically collect them. :)

'Tis the season and I feel truly blessed to be In a position to be able to collect what I want(within reason) and have done my best to share some history and a few baits here and there. There has also been a few members that have generously donated to my collection and I can't express with mere words how much that means to me. I thank each of you who actively participate In this thread and hopefully I can keep it going for years to come! That said, from this day until the 26th of December If you're Interested in a chance at a true vintage Rebel bait sound off here. 

Answer these three questions:

1. what do you enjoy collecting and why?

2. Whether you fish Rebel crankbaits or not choose one that consider your favorite fisher or one you think looks like you would fish with.

3. If you have a specific question about the Rebel brand ask it here. I put this one In here to generate a little Interest in the thread! 

1. Midwest fishing history/memorabilia from the 50s through the 70s, specifically those relating to Fishing Facts/Binkelman, In-Fisherman/Lindners and Buck Perry/Spoonplugging including books, newspapers, magazines and lures. Why? Because I'm fascinated with just how much we as anglers take for granted today can be traced back to that time and location - and I grew up with s lot of it as a kid.

2. Had many over the years, but my favorite was probably the Deep Wee-R, though the big Maxi-Rs had a cult-like following among area tourney anglers at one time.

3. No ??s....yet;) 

• Like 1

I let this go as there was an internal issue that flat out ticked me off. It has been a while and while rectified fairly quickly I didn't come around much. 

That said, I realized this place means too much to me to leave. Ok, that's out of the way. Thanks! 

I found this bait the other day and couldn't believe it. It's a Rebel Crappie made in 1978 and it pre-dates their naturalized series. It was made specifically for Bass Pro Shops and the cost was $1.69. I wish I had paid that.lol

It is only the second one I have ever seen. It's incredibly rare. I have much more to share but this will do for,now!

0228191628-1.jpg

• Like 5

Glad to see you posting

• Like 1

I was wondering where you went?  I have two Deep Wee R's for you.  I lost your address and info.  PM me so I can send them !

Doug

• Like 1