Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I considered myself not so newbie with casting reel. I have been casting abu 6500 c3 with no brake on, newell and many others.

Today went out for a quick, really quick fishing at the city park lake and come back home with this.

image.jpg

Stupid to cast my plopper hit and stuck on the tree above me. Pull the lure out of the tree branch, broke the line, drop into water about 10-15ft from me. The backlash is so huge and messy, I didnt even think will have time to finish untangle before my lure float away, so I reeled all the line in to tie on another lure to retrieve that expensive plopper back. All it took was just an hour but ruin my morning.??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Bill Dance ' You might want to trade that one in!!":lol-045:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And after

image.jpg

I think I lost more than 30yds out of this. Really stupid me.

@d-camarena and yes I was trying to untangle that while you texting me with your reel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo did you get the plopper back? Or not?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fishnkamp said:

According to Bill Dance ' You might want to trade that one in!!":lol-045:

All just throw away. Anyone want my 50e??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

All just throw away. Anyone want my 50e??

Will you put new line on it first?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Soooooo did you get the plopper back? Or not?

Fortunately yes. I didnt have any topwater with me so I used crankbait to hit the plopper back close enough for my rod lenght.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JustJames said:

And after

image.jpg

I think I lost more than 30yds out of this. Really stupid me.

@d-camarena and yes I was trying to untangle that while you texting me with your reel. 

Sucks man, hope next time out you have a better day. Last week i went fishing and i got to the spot and i broke my rod taking out of the truck. That was a bad morning

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Will you put new line on it first?

Good one. Kick a man when he's down. :thumbsup:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

Fortunately yes. I didnt have any topwater with me so I used crankbait to hit the plopper back close enough for my rod lenght.

Great, so about putting new line on my new reel? Think that's gonna happen or not. Any chance you'd throw that plopper in the deal too?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is really suck, It was a beautiful day today in Cali, cloudy overcast all morning and now start to rain. I was hoping toowater action which I have not done so successfully with whoppler plopper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pawpaw said:

Great, so about putting new line on my new reel? Think that's gonna happen or not. Any chance you'd throw that plopper in the deal too?

:roflmao1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pawpaw said:

Great, so about putting new line on my new reel? Think that's gonna happen or not. Any chance you'd throw that plopper in the deal too?

Wait for the next time, but Ill have you go retrieve the lure and untangle the reel yourself.? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gundog said:

:roflmao1:

Well, it never hurts to ask, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pawpaw said:

Well, it never hurts to ask, right?

I can't argue with ya on that one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

Wait for the next time, but Ill have you go retrieve the lure and untangle the reel yourself.? 

Never mind then. I don't know if I could have untangled that one. I probably would have traded that one in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pawpaw said:

Never mind then. I don't know if I could have untangled that one. I probably would have traded that one in.

Maybe if you got JustJames to agree to untangle any future backlashes and maybe throw in a rod just for good measure. Postage paid of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gundog said:

Maybe if you got JustJames to agree to untangle any future backlashes and maybe throw in a rod just for good measure. Postage paid of course.

That sounds more than fair to me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Im the expert now.

 

 

 

 

untangle backlash of course.lol?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

I think Im the expert now.

 

 

 

 

untangle backlash of course.lol?

I don't know why but I have a feeling that some time in the future you'll more than likely get a chance to brush up on your backlash untangling/cutting out skills again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmmmm.  Looks familiar.  Last time I caught the weeds behind me I had to cut line out too.  What did you have on the reel?.....20# fluorocarbon?  Looks like wire cutters were needed. :lol:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustJames said:

I considered myself not so newbie with casting reel. I have been casting abu 6500 c3 with no brake on, newell and many others.

Today went out for a quick, really quick fishing at the city park lake and come back home with this.

image.jpg

Stupid to cast my plopper hit and stuck on the tree above me. Pull the lure out of the tree branch, broke the line, drop into water about 10-15ft from me. The backlash is so huge and messy, I didnt even think will have time to finish untangle before my lure float away, so I reeled all the line in to tie on another lure to retrieve that expensive plopper back. All it took was just an hour but ruin my morning.??

Not bad, I've had better ones, those where you have to cut the line all the way down to the spool.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×