I considered myself not so newbie with casting reel. I have been casting abu 6500 c3 with no brake on, newell and many others.

Today went out for a quick, really quick fishing at the city park lake and come back home with this.

image.jpg

Stupid to cast my plopper hit and stuck on the tree above me. Pull the lure out of the tree branch, broke the line, drop into water about 10-15ft from me. The backlash is so huge and messy, I didnt even think will have time to finish untangle before my lure float away, so I reeled all the line in to tie on another lure to retrieve that expensive plopper back. All it took was just an hour but ruin my morning.??

• Like 1

According to Bill Dance ' You might want to trade that one in!!":lol-045:

• Like 3

And after

image.jpg

I think I lost more than 30yds out of this. Really stupid me.

@d-camarena and yes I was trying to untangle that while you texting me with your reel. 

• Like 2

Soooooo did you get the plopper back? Or not?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fishnkamp said:

According to Bill Dance ' You might want to trade that one in!!":lol-045:

All just throw away. Anyone want my 50e??

1 minute ago, JustJames said:

All just throw away. Anyone want my 50e??

Will you put new line on it first?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Soooooo did you get the plopper back? Or not?

Fortunately yes. I didnt have any topwater with me so I used crankbait to hit the plopper back close enough for my rod lenght.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JustJames said:

And after

image.jpg

I think I lost more than 30yds out of this. Really stupid me.

@d-camarena and yes I was trying to untangle that while you texting me with your reel. 

Sucks man, hope next time out you have a better day. Last week i went fishing and i got to the spot and i broke my rod taking out of the truck. That was a bad morning

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pawpaw said:

Will you put new line on it first?

Good one. Kick a man when he's down. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Fortunately yes. I didnt have any topwater with me so I used crankbait to hit the plopper back close enough for my rod lenght.

Great, so about putting new line on my new reel? Think that's gonna happen or not. Any chance you'd throw that plopper in the deal too?

• Like 3

It is really suck, It was a beautiful day today in Cali, cloudy overcast all morning and now start to rain. I was hoping toowater action which I have not done so successfully with whoppler plopper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pawpaw said:

Great, so about putting new line on my new reel? Think that's gonna happen or not. Any chance you'd throw that plopper in the deal too?

:roflmao1:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pawpaw said:

Wait for the next time, but Ill have you go retrieve the lure and untangle the reel yourself.? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gundog said:

:roflmao1:

Well, it never hurts to ask, right?

• Like 1

Just now, pawpaw said:

Well, it never hurts to ask, right?

I can't argue with ya on that one.

• Like 1

Wait for the next time, but Ill have you go retrieve the lure and untangle the reel yourself.? 

Never mind then. I don't know if I could have untangled that one. I probably would have traded that one in.

• Like 1

Just now, pawpaw said:

Never mind then. I don't know if I could have untangled that one. I probably would have traded that one in.

Maybe if you got JustJames to agree to untangle any future backlashes and maybe throw in a rod just for good measure. Postage paid of course.

• Like 2

Just now, Gundog said:

Maybe if you got JustJames to agree to untangle any future backlashes and maybe throw in a rod just for good measure. Postage paid of course.

That sounds more than fair to me!

• Like 1

I think Im the expert now.

untangle backlash of course.lol?

• Like 2

I think Im the expert now.

untangle backlash of course.lol?

I don't know why but I have a feeling that some time in the future you'll more than likely get a chance to brush up on your backlash untangling/cutting out skills again. 

• Like 1

Hmmmmm.  Looks familiar.  Last time I caught the weeds behind me I had to cut line out too.  What did you have on the reel?.....20# fluorocarbon?  Looks like wire cutters were needed. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustJames said:

I considered myself not so newbie with casting reel. I have been casting abu 6500 c3 with no brake on, newell and many others.

Today went out for a quick, really quick fishing at the city park lake and come back home with this.

image.jpg

Stupid to cast my plopper hit and stuck on the tree above me. Pull the lure out of the tree branch, broke the line, drop into water about 10-15ft from me. The backlash is so huge and messy, I didnt even think will have time to finish untangle before my lure float away, so I reeled all the line in to tie on another lure to retrieve that expensive plopper back. All it took was just an hour but ruin my morning.??

Not bad, I've had better ones, those where you have to cut the line all the way down to the spool.

• Like 3