Way2slow

70's/80's Terry Bass boat looking for a home.

This boat belongs to my brother and has been in a field behind my mothers house for the past 8-10 years and has to be moved since she sold the farm.  I'm thinking of getting it and using the trailer to make my a utility trailer.  It has a 70hp Johnson I rebuilt the carbs on and ran great before it was put there.  This is the Terry that's a made similar to the Bomber but a little wider, but no where near as wide as the modern boats and is probably about 16'.  I would not expect the transom or floor to be much good, but I could be surprised. 

Here's the deal, I need about a 4x8 or larger utility trailer.  If anyone has one they don't need and looking for a bass boat project, we can make an even swap and I won't use the boat trailer to make one.  If someone just want's the boat and has a way getting it, they are welcome to it.  If I take the trailer, and no one wants the boat, I will introduce the boat the Mr. Stihl, as in chainsaw. If you want the motor also, I will get started and running in a tank/on a hose and sell it with the boat for $300, or sell it without the boat for $500.   

One other thing, I'm about 25 miles southeast of Macon GA, and there will be no shipping or delivery involved.  Any exchanges will take place at my house.   

Georgia!

Georgia Bulldog?

That explains a lot! ;)

I would be interested in the 70 HP but I got a project boat now.

Worth it for the motor.

@Way2slow do you want me to put this in the Flea Market section?  You might get some bites there.

That fine.  Just figure someone might see it and want a project they could afford.  Like you said, just the motor is worth more than  that.  It's just if I didn't do something with it, we were going to flatten it with a D9 and push it into a huge hole we dug to push all the old cars and junk back there into and cover it over.

• Like 1