Sign in to follow this  
Gillroid 9000

A Story

So this my story of an First close encounter of my biggest Largemouth i caught. I decided to write this short story for my High School short story project because i ran out of ideas:(

So here it is. Relax,Get cozy and Picture the story in your head as you read.

It was a nice day to fish. There was the sun out in the blue skies and clear skies over the horizon. It was a busy Sunday at the park, but there was no people fishing. There were a bunch of people walking, biking or jogging at the park instead. So I started fishing and for about three to four hours I had no luck at all.

I walked around the whole lake to trying to catch a fish, but still no luck. The only fish I could see was little fish, big as a Sunflower seed, I wasn't looking for that kind of fish. So I basically spent precious three to four hours just circling the whole lake like a headless chicken,For now. The sun was slowly going down the horizon along with the clouds. The whole lake was orange from the sun. I was all sweaty and tired from wandering around the whole pond with no results.

I was going to call it a day and go to my home and maybe try again tomorrow?. Still Ii decided to give a another shot. So I used my last strength to fish. First cast, I felt a huge thump which I thought it was a snag. I got disappointed but Ii noticed heavy vibrations on my rod and the line was moving. So I decided to reel it in. I first thought it was a catfish, but slowly the unknown fish got closer to the shore, I saw something in the orange lake water. It was an emerald gleam in the water, A very big gleam.

The fish decided to surface and the mystery thing was revealed. It was the largest fish Ii will ever catch in my life, Ever. It was a monster bass. A real monster bass.

The bass seemed like it had a giant meal judging by its round belly. It’s mouth was like a bucket. The fish had scars, bruises, and a tattered tail. It seems like the fish went through a lot of stuff. I decided to weigh in the fish and I was totally blown. The scale read 5.6 LBS.

A passerby, who was driving by, saw my catch stopped by me. He got out of his car and said “Did you catch that !?” I replied with, “Yes, I just did.” He looked completely blown away, seeing a fish that big. I asked the man for a quick photo and without hesitation he said yes. After a few quick photos I released the trophy back to the lake. I saw the trophy swim towards the sunshine and I never saw that fish again. Ever again.

I hope you enjoyed the story. Feel free to tell your opinions or thoughts. Thank you

• Like 4

What were you using ? And what is your location? 5.6 is a memorable fish. . And sometimes that's as big as I'll get in a season... but it's very beatable. Even In the north. Keep fishing and you'll beat it for sure. 

1 hour ago, Yeajray231 said:

What were you using ? And what is your location? 5.6 is a memorable fish. . And sometimes that's as big as I'll get in a season... but it's very beatable. Even In the north. Keep fishing and you'll beat it for sure. 

I used a Berkeley Havoc Pit Boss on a T Rig<3

The fish was caught at Orlander Park(My usual park where i fish)

The park is known for Infested with Bluegill and people really admire me that I managed to catch a fish Big like that on a Pretty hard lake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forager said:

I used a Berkeley Havoc Pit Boss on a T Rig<3

The fish was caught at Orlander Park(My usual park where i fish)

The park is known for Infested with Bluegill and people really admire me that I managed to catch a fish Big like that on a Pretty hard lake.

Thank you for posting the story of how you caught your biggest bass.Public parks often have big bass in them,but these bass are usually difficult to catch because of the fishing pressure.I would keep fishing that park since there could be bigger bass in there.

• Like 1

Cool story, good fish. If this is for school, I would work on the grammar and puncuation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jar11591 said:

Cool story, good fish. If this is for school, I would work on the grammar and puncuantion. 

Still i got an 23/25 for this and my teacher sure liked it alot.

• Like 1