adam lancia

WTB: OG Daiwa Zillion leftie project, any gear ratio, no spool or handle necessary

I'm looking for a project OG Zillion lefite, any gear ratio, any aesthetic condition so long as it functions as it should. It doesn't even need to come with a spool or handle. I want to put together a budget frogging/pitching/flipping reel and will be upgrading the gears, hence the gear ratio not being an issue. I'm open to J-Dreams, Limiteds, and of course the regular run of the mill versions. Let me know what you have, the rougher the better. Feel free to email me at adam.lancia @ gmail . com

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I picked up a white pearl painted Zillion for a song (6.3 gear ratio I believe) which is great, except that it's a rightie. I don't know if the reel has been used since the repaint but the paint job looks pretty good. There is a small 1/4" long hair or bristle in the paint on the gear side plate but other than that it looks good. It came with a TD-Z drag star and a straight 90mm carbon handle (which looks to have had it's edges resealed). I'm waiting on a few parts to complete it but should have it together by Saturday. I have gone through and cleaned it up and reoiled/greased it, including replacing the drag washers with carbontex. The only parts I won't have for it are the rash guards in the top of the frame. I'll add pictures to the comments here. I'd be happy to trade this for a leftie Zillion, preferably a 7.1 gear ratio, but like I said above, spool and handle aren't necessary. If you'd like to buy it, I would like $100 for it.

RH Zillion (1).jpg

RH Zillion (2).jpg

RH Zillion (3).jpg

RH Zillion (4).jpg

RH Zillion (5).jpg

Ill sell you my brand new Daiwa Zillion TWS 7.3:1 for $175 haven't even opened it yet!

Thanks but no thanks, I'm not looking for a new reel at the moment.

If you want to know what you missed out on, tackle warehouse had the zillion tws for 143 shipped during their Black Friday sale. Now it's $180, still a good deal 

Agreed, however, I'm not a fan of the frame size/shape and I didn't want a new reel. I'm looking for a winter project (or 3) because I love to tinker.

That's a good base for what you want to do and use it for. Tank of a reel.

OG Zillion is a superior reel in most every spec than the TWS.

A few more pictures of the reel, complete as will be sold and shipped!

RH Zillion (6).jpg

RH Zillion (7).jpg

RH Zillion (8).jpg

Reel is sold!!!

I'm still looking for a good project frame though, lmk what you have!