Bassfishnc18

Good condition Diawa zillion for sale

I have a Diawa zillion that is used but in good condition. I bought it in late June and have kept it in good condition. The reel has 9 ball bearings, it has a 9.1.1 gear ratio which is really fast but really good for jigs, plastics, and topwater especially buzzbaits, it could also make a great all purpose reel. There is nothing wrong with the reel i am just looking for a new reel and need to make some room in my arsenal. The msrp is $299.99 but I will only charge in the ballpark of $165. 

Please only reply if validly interested

th.jpg

A mod will probably move this (and tell you to set a price) but it needs to be in here: http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/forum/18-fishing-flea-market

And a pic of your reel would be helpful to sell it faster.

I feel pretty safe in saying that is not a picture of your reel.....so I have to ask is the one you have for sale right hand or left hand?  Nice price, btw.  Too bad I am one of the few on here willing to fish with a 9 oz. reel because I have no more room for another reel at this time.  GLWTS

1 hour ago, new2BC4bass said:

I feel pretty safe in saying that is not a picture of your reel.....so I have to ask is the one you have for sale right hand or left hand?  Nice price, btw.  Too bad I am one of the few on here willing to fish with a 9 oz. reel because I have no more room for another reel at this time.  GLWTS

You are correct that's not a picture of MY reel but it's the same thing. It is Right handed, and it is actually only 7.5 oz.

33 minutes ago, mrbassx8 said:

I am willing to buy if its as nice as you say and is left handed

Nope, it's right handed

Didn't mean to upset you.  People...including moi....prefer to see pics of the actual reel so they have a better idea of its condition.  Before you get further upset, let me say that most people here are honest and I would be willing to take your word on the reel's condition without pictures.  I fish reels with the handle on either side.  However, lately I have been sticking with purchasing LH reels as I prefer them over a RH, So when I took the reel out of the box, I would be a little upset discovering your reel was RH instead of the LH shown in the picture.  Hopefully I would have questioned that before committing to buy.  :teeth:

Further investigation shows that TW lists the weight as 7.5 oz.  I originally looked for a 9.1:1 reel and found one on ebay.  They listed the weight as 9.1 oz.  I know my older Zillions weight over 8 oz. so I didn't think to question that weight.  My mistake.  I should have picked up on the fact that the weight listed was the same as the gear ratio and figured something was amiss.

My remark about the weight was a tongue in cheek statement because it seems like if a reel weighs more than 6 oz. today, it is too heavy to fish all day with.  9 oz. seems pretty light to me considering the all metal spinning reels I fished with 50-60 years ago.

• Like 1

PM sent

KIMG0303_1.JPG

Just now, Bassfishnc18 said:

KIMG0303_1.JPG

This is the reel described above.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:57 PM, Bassfishnc18 said:

I have a Diawa zillion that is used but in good condition. I bought it in late June and have kept it in good condition. The reel has 9 ball bearings, it has a 9.1.1 gear ratio which is really fast but really good for jigs, plastics, and topwater especially buzzbaits, it could also make a great all purpose reel. There is nothing wrong with the reel i am just looking for a new reel and need to make some room in my arsenal. The msrp is $299.99 but I will only charge in the ballpark of $165. 

Please only reply if validly interested

th.jpg

I am also interested in a trade for a a lews, shimano, or okuma baitcasting reel in good shape

7 hours ago, Bassfishnc18 said:

I am also interested in a trade for a a lews, shimano, or okuma baitcasting reel in good shape

I have a RH Lew's Speed Spool Inshore LFS reel that I am not really in love with, would you be interested in that?  

1 hour ago, Bunnielab said:

I have a RH Lew's Speed Spool Inshore LFS reel that I am not really in love with, would you be interested in that?  

I may be interested, I have a normal lfs. What is the difference between the lfs and the lfs inshore? Is it the same size as the lews lfs? also what condition is it as far as mechanically and cosmetically? 

Honestly I have no idea, I bought it when I thought I wanted to kayak troll for striped bass, but all it did was kick around from rod to rod, never really finding a good fit.  There isn't anything wrong with it and after I replaced the bearings with Hedgehog Airs it casts very nicely, but I have just never gotten really into it and never found a spot for it.  It is a pretty small feeling reel and palms well.   I also have a Lews BB1 Inshore and it feels like a pig after I cast with the LFS.  

http://www.lews.com/casting-speedspoolinshore.php

http://www.lews.com/casting-tournamentmb.php

At a quick look, it looks to be a bit heavier then the FW version and has a bit deeper spool.  

As to condition, I have not given it a careful once over, but I can grab some pics if you are interested tomorrow morning.  As I said, I replaced the bearings a month or so ago and when I had in on the bench I didn't notice anything wrong.  As for function, it is as good as it was when I bought it.  I really have only fished it maybe three or four days max and never even in salt.  I really like the BB1 and had high hopes for the LFS but it has never just grabbed me, but I never disliked it enough to motivate to sell it.  

Obviously I would throw some cash in as well, but my fastest reel is only a 7:something and a 9.1.1 gear ratio reel sounds like it would be fun to play around with.  Shoot me a PM if you want to talk more. 

1 hour ago, DirtyDeuceGoose said:

I've got some classic shimanos that I'd consider throwing in a trade. Let me know. 

Pm sent

On 12/15/2016 at 9:08 PM, Bunnielab said:

I assume no interest in my Inshore LFS + Cash? 

Oops, sorry thought I responded. No I am not but I appreciate the offer