BrianMRetter

Shimano Curado 200I Question

35 posts in this topic

Sorry, gentlemen didn't mean to start a knowledge war. Just for clarification, are the gears are all made of the same material? And with a beating upgrade I should be good to go? No difference in durability between the two reels with upgraded bearings? 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Poolshark said:

Sorry, gentlemen didn't mean to start a knowledge war. Just for clarification, are the gears are all made of the same material? And with a beating upgrade I should be good to go? No difference in durability with better bearings? 

Yes. Same part numbers on the gears. I'll post some pics of the actual schematics when I dig them out of the reel boxes in my garage when I get home.  

I'd go with whichever reel you can get cheaper. 

8 minutes ago, Poolshark said:

Sorry, gentlemen didn't mean to start a knowledge war. Just for clarification, are the gears are all made of the same material? And with a beating upgrade I should be good to go? No difference in durability with better bearings? 

ARB bearings are "anti-rust," not to be confused with other companies' AR-B or anti-reverse bearings.  ARB are saltwater resistant, and compare to Daiwa's CRBB (Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearing).  A bearing upgrade will likely cost you the difference in reel prices in shipping and service fees, if installed by a pro.  I generally did this upgrade when someone sent a well used reel in for a complete breakdown, degrease, tune and lube.  You can try it yourself.  You'll have to remove all parts on the crank side of the reel to get at 3521.  If it were me, I'd just buy the Curado.

17 minutes ago, J Francho said:

No idea what it is.  Cymbals are actually bronze. Lacquer has been used to protect various metal and alloys forever.

Yes I realize what cymbals are made of, but you said "lacquer over brass". It's not even debatable that the citica I has an aluminum spool. It's also identical to the curado I spool aside from the second color of anodizing.

I'm gonna bow out on this thread. 

I misspoke there...no problem.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, J Francho said:

ARB bearings are "anti-rust," not to be confused with other companies' AR-B or anti-reverse bearings.  ARB are saltwater resistant, and compare to Daiwa's CRBB (Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearing).  A bearing upgrade will likely cost you the difference in reel prices in shipping and service fees, if installed by a pro.  I generally did this upgrade when someone sent a well used reel in for a complete breakdown, degrease, tune and lube.  You can try it yourself.  You'll have to remove all parts on the crank side of the reel to get at 3521.  If it were me, I'd just buy the Curado.

That part number you keep referencing is a bushing on the citica g series! The citica I has a bearing on the driveshaft, no need to upgrade it. 

1 person likes this

Mea culpa.....d**n!  I found the hidden schematic.  Their spec still says 4 bearings, though, as does the parts list, if even counted right, lol.... not batting well today!

http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Spinning/15CI200I_v1_m56577569830990913.pdf

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, J Francho said:

Mea culpa.....d**n!  I found the hidden schematic.  Their spec still says 4 bearings, though, as does the parts list, if even counted right, lol.... not batting well today!

http://fish.shimano.com/media/fishing/SAC/techdocs/en/Spinning/15CI200I_v1_m56577569830990913.pdf

Ok. 2 spool bearings, 1 bearing on the end of the driveshaft, 2 bearings supporting the pinion gear(which is "xship")= 5. 

1 person likes this

Agreed.  Phew.....sorry man.