geo g

How many carry while out fishing in the boat.

On 1/29/2017 at 8:47 PM, Gundog said:

Where I carry the meth-heads ain't gonna feel a knife stab. That's why I carry a .45. Its like a punch, only a punch don't produce a hole through you. 

There are meth heads in Eastern PA?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Quarry Man said:

There are meth heads in Eastern PA?

No. They are all fine, upstanding citizens with a grand future. All are possible candidates for Harvard or Yale. You would be surprised how many MENSA members reside in my area. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2017 at 12:10 PM, NYWayfarer said:

I never thought about this subject until a lady around here got attacked by a rabid Coyote. She had to jump into a feeder canal to escape. I have been more wary when unloading my kayak in the early morning hours at an empty boat launch.

My Kershaw or pepper spray ain't gonna stop a rabid Coyote. Wish I could carry but NY gun laws are oppressive.

When dealing with a canine don’t think kershaw , think blunt force trauma. I had a buddy with a rat problem and he told me his brother went after one with a butcher knife Hahahahah. You could jump into a barrel with a rat and a butcher knife and never kill that little booger!!! A rip rap or dogwood branch is your best friend when dealing with almost any animal that is trying to eat you. There’s a lot of people and animals that can survive dozens of stab wounds but not much can survive getting thumped in the skull 

• Like 1

I have never carried and don’t have a permit to do so. Honestly I’m a terrible shot with a pistol, all I’ve got handgun wise is my grannies .38 snubnose and I couldn’t hit the ocean from a boat with it. That gun is a heck of a family heirloom with lots of good stories though, very happy to have it. I keep the armor of God and a sharp blade on my person at all times. And I have dozens of fishing buddies that carry as soon as their feet touch the floor every morning 

16 hours ago, Just_Fishin said:

Never leave home with out it. Land or sea. 

You know, I'm rebuilding my childhood fishing boat, and am debating adding a swivel gun. :D

Regards