Lake Murray gave out two boring episodes.

• Like 2

Enjoy the show....fishing isn't always catching.  Like the reality.

This weekends tournament was real close. Lots of changes at the end. Only a couple of pounds marked the last place from the 4th place cut. Fairclothe and Poche were good examples of how fortunes can change in just a few minutes in this format. Exciting to the end. 

• Like 1

Lots a laughs for me today. Casey's broken rod, poche dropping the pole during a hookset and lane throwing that fish above the boat and getting penalized. Was an entertaining episode

I like Chris Lane a lot and respect the talent he has to win multiple Elite events and a Classic, but from a promotional side, something seems (to me) a bit off.  When he is in the boat speaking, I get the feeling that every word has been rehearsed and has an ulterior motive.  Kind of like in Roland Martin's shows where between casts, he reaches for an energy drink on camera (label out), a drink that I dare say no one else his age would ever touch.  It just feels kind of fake.  Who knows, maybe it is a Floridian kind of thing that doesn't translate to the other side of the country.

Nonetheless, yesterday showcased his talent as well as reinforced the notion that Poche is a talented spaz... :D

Didn't it look like the scale Casey's boat official was using was actually weighing in 10ths of a pound?  I saw it twice and it said 2.68 and 2.58 or something like that. The official called the weights 2lbs 7oz and 2lbs 5oz respectively.  If that's the case, he got screwed outta some weight!!

How embarrassing it must be for Casey’s sponser to have a rod break on national tv. 

• Like 1

pretty tough lake this past week, glad Ott, Poche made it through and Watson because he's hilarious. anybody else notice how often guys throw topwater all day in these events? this is very rare for me.

did yall catch Watsons comment to his boat official while he was being warned about the dropping water level? "safety is of upmost importance for me. but going fast is more important" haha

Yes, i agree, the Murray episodes were very boring. They far from showcased the potential of Murray this time. I was hoping for more, since i fish there regularly. 

I'm surprised they moved it from Michigan to Lake Murray. The action was constant with the LM or SM at Alpena.