Sign in to follow this  
TX-Deluxe

Citica/Curado defective? Heads up

Had a new Citica for 3 weeks.

Started noticing the side plate to access brake system switch was hard to slide "closed"

Would realign make sure nothing was "binding" and proceed. Loosen tension spool etc.

I showed my buddies and they too were stumped.

Then the handle would turn smoothly, the line retrieve gear would move but spool was not moving.

Gave up and returned it to Cabelas. (No questions asked)

Went to reel section and opened up a new Curado and the same thing was happening. Tried a 2nd Curado  same thing (Mind you the drag and tension spool were tightened)

Just a heads up Gentlemen

On all of mine you need to loosen the tension knob a little to flip the switch to close easily and  securely. Also, I always readjust the tension knob after closing the side plate. On all of my Curado 200 I series reels the spool tension will sometimes loosen up after closing. 

I figured  that's how it was designed.......being that all 4 of my I series reels are like this. 

I never thought anything of it. Not once 

The 70 I on the other hand has a different mechanism to close the side plate. No spool tension adjustment needed. 

Two or three in a row means that you (and we) are missing something.  That is incredible.  Stop and think about what's going on, and you'll probably figure it out

Picture this

You put the reel back together. The handle turns smooth the line gear is moving back and forth and spool isnt moving

CLutch issue

If that were the case it wouldn't crank smoothly. Sounds like the drag is backed off all the way. It's the only way the handle can turn without the main gear, pinion and spool turning. 

• Like 2