krisjack69

How to fish a Lucky Craft Pointer in the Spring

I want to know how do you fish a Lucky Craft pointer in the Spring in a pond. I am going tomorrow and I would like to know any pointers you have. No pun intended.

Like this ~

A-Jay

• Like 1

Not sure of the depth at which you'll be fishing, the water temp/clarity of the pond, which species you are after, etc., so this is pure speculation.... Reel it down a few turns and stop it there. Watch your line for a twitch. Don't move it for about 30 seconds (it will appear to be more 30 hours!). Then give it a twitch. Not a hard twitch. Just a twitch. Wait again. Spring is cold water fishing and this kind of presentation has paid off for me big time in my neck of the woods on smallies.

Snap....pause......snap snap......pause.......snap......pause.......snap snap......pause

• Like 2

Well, I am in Georgia so the high tomorrow is supposed to be 88 with a stray thunderstorm possible in the afternoon.

Largemouth bass as they are no smallmouth in southern Georgia unfortunately.

I caught these in that pond I will be going tomorrow last week. One on a roostertail and the other on a lipless crankbait.

17492309_1402058079814712_6208212502063709709_o.jpg

Since you're in GA, you've probably got pretty warm water, in which case I'd recommend a fairly aggressive retrieve. I like a 3 jerk, pause, 1 jerk pause, and repeat myself.  And I wouldn't pause for very long either, just a second or two. But be sure to mix it up a little.

• Like 2

At my local pond they've been down to hit it with very short pauses between actions but sometimes it takes 5+ seconds between actions to get bit. A jerk jerk pause type retrieve is the right way most of the time the only variable is the length of pause.

Twitch, twitch, pause, twitch, twitch, pause. The only thing I ever change is the force behind the twitch, and the length of the pause. 

• Like 2

i like how zona put it. last year early april 45 degree water i used a soft jerk almost a pull and a 5-8 second pause between. the soft jerk and pulls changed but the retrive was painful at best but produced 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 7:22 PM, MassBassin508 said:

Snap....pause......snap snap......pause.......snap......pause.......snap snap......pause

Is this S.O.S? Are helicopters and the coast guard going to show up?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, frosty said:

Is this S.O.S? Are helicopters and the coast guard going to show up?

lol it makes the fat girls come a runnin.

• Like 1