Fun4Me

ATTN Sponsor: *Favorite* Tell us about your company and products

I have to admit that I don't know a lot about your company. Quite honestly, I only found out about you through some YouTube channels that are promoting your product. I'd be interested in knowing a little bit of info about you, such as but not limited to;

Are you an American owned company?

Who manufactures your rods and reels? 

Are any of your rods and reels manufactured in the US?

Do you offer discounts for forum members?

What would be your response to people who say that some of your reels look an awful lot like another forum sponsors reels, but at a significant price increase?

I will let others ask any questions they have, and may jump back in with some of my own later. I wasn't seeing a lot of reviews of your products (i'm not the best with searching the interwebs :P) and figured I'd try to go straight to the source. Thank you for any responses.

ETA: For anyone who wants to post a certain video from YouTube, understand that it's been deleted in another thread already (i'd like to keep this one open :)). Post at your own risk, or if you want to see the video (of someones opinion) PM me and I will give you the link. 

• Like 2

I also have sent 3 emails,regarding if their rods were made in America. Been 2 months, still nothin :)

If you are current on Youtube posters 1rod1reel uses the Favorite Big Sexy and speaks highly of it. But thats all I know about them. I have been curious of them though

I'm in the same boat; I've heard a lot about them through the Googan Squad and that's about it. I love the looks of their rods, seems like they have great price points and lines, and they're supportive of veterans and everything. But just haven't heard enough to really know for sure.

Yes interesting LFG has moved to Favorite Fishing. I'm surprised really.  They look like cool rods but I'm not ready to bite on their rods or if they have reels until they are tested more by people here or in general.

I got to see some in person when I was on Fishing with Flair a couple weeks ago but didn't get to use any. They looked nice, but they're black and orange which is a color combo I really like. 

10 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I got to see some in person when I was on Fishing with Flair a couple weeks ago but didn't get to use any. They looked nice, but they're black and orange which is a color combo I really like. 

Hooooooooooooollllllddddd on!!! You made a celebrity appearance on Flairs channel and I missed it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Must have been looking at the Balance Select rods. I think i am going to pull the trigger on the Balance Select and either a White Bird or Absolute

7 minutes ago, Fun4Me said:

Hooooooooooooollllllddddd on!!! You made a celebrity appearance on Flairs channel and I missed it?

It was a very brief appearance in his 3V2 video. I took his friends out in my boat and had a 3 vs 2 tournament.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ohio Bassin said:

If you are current on Youtube posters 1rod1reel uses the Favorite Big Sexy and speaks highly of it. But thats all I know about them. I have been curious of them though

you sure your not thinking of lfg? I know he talks about it all the time. 1rod finally posted a video the other day for the first time since the last vid he made was why he bailed on them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sgibby88 said:

you sure your not thinking of lfg? I know he talks about it all the time. 1rod finally posted a video the other day for the first time since the last vid he made was why he bailed on them

Nope 1rod was using them before any of them he posted a video a last summer or two years ago i can't remember were he was  in Texas with LFG flipping and he talks about them. He only has two Big Sexy rods and not affiliated with them. 

Just now, Ohio Bassin said:

Nope 1rod was using them before any of them he posted a video a last summer or two years ago i can't remember were he was  in Texas with LFG flipping and he talks about them. He only has two Big Sexy rods and not affiliated with them. 

I know he`s not affiliated with them. I know he was using the summit all the time at the end of the summer. Also seen him snap a lunkerstv defender series in half on a hook set.

11 minutes ago, sgibby88 said:

I was just happening to watch this video from over the winter and he is using it if you look at his rod. I'll go back and see if I can find the one were he is talking about it.

1 hour ago, lmbfisherman said:

Yes interesting LFG has moved to Favorite Fishing. I'm surprised really.  They look like cool rods but I'm not ready to bite on their rods or if they have reels until they are tested more by people here or in general.

Very surprising, considering that I heard he was with G. Loomis.  I wonder if he did it to make it easier by having more youtubers on the Favorite Fishing team.  That and Favorite is a Christian-run company.

Just now, RMax said:

Very surprising, considering that I heard he was with G. Loomis.  I wonder if he did it to make it easier by having more youtubers on the Favorite Fishing team.  That and Favorite is a Christian-run company.

He did a video about partnering up with favorite and one of his reasons was because its Christian ran

I actually just purchased the Defender Casting rod and the Big Sexy Casting rod. They are projected to be here tomorrow, so whenever I receive them I'll throw my reels on them and give them a test and let you guys know what I think of them. 

• Like 1

They must be throwing $$$ and freebies at all the top non-pro Youtube personalities. They all switched to Favorite in a wave, over about the same time period. I have no opinion on if their products are good or not, but obviously they are tossing some marketing into some very public spaces. Smart move on their part. 

I really wish these youtubers (not just in the fishing world mind you) would give a disclaimer in their comments or in their videos on who their sponsors are. It's hard to determine what's a paid commercial vs actual real life opinions. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, punch said:

They must be throwing $$$ and freebies at all the top non-pro Youtube personalities. They all switched to Favorite in a wave, over about the same time period. I have no opinion on if their products are good or not, but obviously they are tossing some marketing into some very public spaces. Smart move on their part. 

I really with these youtubers (not just in the fishing world mind you) would give a disclaimer in their comments or in their videos on who their sponsors are. It's hard to determine what's a paid commercial vs actual real life opinions. 

My guess is most of the big name youtube guys like JonB and similar are probably not using 'brand x' rods just because they want to. Just my .02 and is only my opinion. 

• Like 1

Man, I need to get new contact lenses. When I see this title I see: ATTN Spooners:

Yeah, I need new contact lenses.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rippin-lips said:

My guess is most of the big name youtube guys like JonB and similar are probably not using 'brand x' rods just because they want to. Just my .02 and is only my opinion. 

Jon B is with Shimano so he can't really go wrong there, but I agree with you as far as the favorite guys go, they all had $500-700 set ups before and now they are fishing $150 favorite combos? It just doesn't seem reasonable for guys that have that nice of gear and put in countless hours a week fishing unless there is a highly beneficial side to it for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TH-Outdoors said:

Jon B is with Shimano so he can't really go wrong there, but I agree with you as far as the favorite guys go, they all had $500-700 set ups before and now they are fishing $150 favorite combos? It just doesn't seem reasonable for guys that have that nice of gear and put in countless hours a week fishing unless there is a highly beneficial side to it for them. 

Jon b has also been with kistler and cousins. Both reputable company with great products. I cant see why these guys wanna switch to favorite, unless they truly believe in the product and the people behind the scenes...or for financial purposes which you cant blame anyone for wanting more money. 

• Like 1

i automatically assume any decently shot & edited video by someone on youtube reviewing or mentioning a product, is actually just promoting it.  i have no experience with favorite rods, they may be fantastic.

i used to watch some of the videos put out by that group of guys, but in the past month or 2, i really can't.  there seems to be an air of arrogance to them, but it could just be me.

• Like 4

Thats what i think. I stopped watching last year. When a couple of them made some comments that could be taken as racists by some people. I wish people would remove politics from fishing