Chance_Taker4

Senko vs Zinkerz

Like the title says. Are they comparable? Are they used in different scenarios? Opinions on which is better and why. I know the reputation senkos have just looking to see how zman zinkerz compare with the floating elaztech.

They aren't really comparable, the zinkerz doesn't have nearly the same action as the senko and can't be fished weightless once the salt dissolves out after an hour of fishing, because it will float.  I don't use the zinkerz the way I do a senko, I cut them in half and put them on a small mushroom head, instead if wacky or tex-posing the senkos.

PLEASE !!!!!

• Like 1

The Senko is made of fast-sinking, very fragile, non-stretch plastic.

The ZinkerZ is made of plastic with variable buoyancy that's ridiculously stretchy & incredibly durable.

Both baits answer to the name 'Stickworm', but are normally used for very different applications.

Roger

I use the Bass Pro stiko's. They sink the same rate as a senko, quiver on the fall like a senko, have plenty of salt, and are more durable than a senko. You can get them in packs of 30 for $10. They catch me lots of great fish. After using them a few years ago I haven't bought a senko since. 

Zinkerz are best used as a nail-weighted Neko Rig (finest bait I've tried), split in half for a Ned Rig, or Texas-rigged with a light (1/16-1/8oz) weight. They're a very poor option as an unweighted stickbait because they float.

Yamamoto Senkos shine when fished weightless. Nothing else compares. However, that's the only way they really stand out from the pack. With all the other variations, such as the three I mentioned above, there are other baits that work as good or better and are more reasonably priced and more durable.

ZinkerZ are great on a C-rig if you're into that kind of mind numbing stuff. 

10 hours ago, SmallmouthBoss said:

I use the Bass Pro stiko's. They sink the same rate as a senko, quiver on the fall like a senko, have plenty of salt, and are more durable than a senko. You can get them in packs of 30 for $10. They catch me lots of great fish. After using them a few years ago I haven't bought a senko since. 

I completely disagree on the sink rates being the same when rigged weightless

• Like 2

They are totally different application for both Senko and Zinkerz. I'm not gonna say about Senko since everybody knows what to do with it, but with Zinkerz first I will use the new one on wacky rig once it start to float I, then use it for my 3/16 shakey head or 1/8 weighted hook.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Allen Der said:

I completely disagree on the sink rates being the same when rigged weightless

Looks the same to me. And if not, its so close that the money saved is worth it to me.

https://youtu.be/tSQLJNglwrg

19 hours ago, Raul said:

PLEASE !!!!!

I have read through most of that section but didn't find much out on the different between the zinerkz and senko. I have fished the Senko for years but have fallen in love with the ZMan elaztech baits (Turbo Crawz and Palmetto Bugz mostly) and was curious how the floating elaztech with heavy salt compared to Yamamoto.

IMG_0047.thumb.JPG.0b6064d312b4a47345fd309ef739ccec.JPG

(Picture shown, zinkerz on shakey head combined with elaztech worm on dropshot.)

You should try zinkerz for yourself, it got so many ways to utilize this bait, cut in half for Ned, drop shot the whole, Texas/C rig shaky head, etc. I love elaztech stuff too, but never success with Ned rig myself. I got a lot of elaztech stuff form TRD, batwing, finesse shad, swimz, turbo craw and many more. I was way obsessed with this elaztech stuff that I had not use any other plastic for awhile.

13 hours ago, Ohio Bassin said:

I have read through most of that section but didn't find much out on the different between the zinerkz and senko. I have fished the Senko for years but have fallen in love with the ZMan elaztech baits (Turbo Crawz and Palmetto Bugz mostly) and was curious how the floating elaztech with heavy salt compared to Yamamoto.

I tried them.  When they're new out of the package, they don't have much action at all. I found you need "soak" the zinker for quite awhile before it "softens up" enough to start working like a Senko.  Even then, the action was much more subtle than a Senko. I never caught a fish on them though.

• Like 1

I would think the Zinkers would be best on a shay head or a neko rig only ...

I appreciate all the replies I think I will stick with the Senko for my stick bait type persentations and use my Zinkerz for different types of worm presentations.