jtipton91

WTB Finesse casting reel

Looking to buy a casting reel suitable for throwing light finesse baits and light crankbaits.

Right hand retrieve 

Have a nearly brand new abu Garcia MGXtreme2 that I'd sell. Spooled it with 12lb sunline reaction FC and casted it a few times is it. Put it back in the box and that's where it is now

4 hours ago, chadmack282 said:

How light?

Down to around 1/4 oz or so

I have a Shimano Chronarch 50mg if you are interested. 

On 4/8/2017 at 2:54 PM, mprestonSEK said:

I have a 13 Shimano Metanium HG if you're interested

How much?

On 4/5/2017 at 8:02 PM, redbirdsfan44 said:

Have a nearly brand new abu Garcia MGXtreme2 that I'd sell. Spooled it with 12lb sunline reaction FC and casted it a few times is it. Put it back in the box and that's where it is now

Just curious do you like the Sunline Reaction FC? Was looking to maybe spool up my crankbait rods with it.

Lots of reels will throw 1/4 oz.  Not sure how many below that.  Skill and rod play a big part once you go below 1/4 oz.  I use TD-Z 105H, older gold colored Carbonlites, Black Max 1600C and Pixy for 3/16 oz. Shad Raps.  Pretty sure my Curado 51E, Sol and Alphas reels will also go that low.  Another member posted that his reel from the not to be mentioned company also does very well with those weights.

I mention this so you don't think you have to buy a $250 used reel in order to cast those weights.  My 1600Cs were $33.33 apiece.  :teeth:  Not as smooth as a $300 reel, but cast very well even into a strong wind.

On 1/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, tonka_blue said:

Just curious do you like the Sunline Reaction FC? Was looking to maybe spool up my crankbait rods with it.

I made less than a hand full of casts with it and sold the reel. First time I’d ever spooled a reel with the reaction FC and haven’t used it since

I've got what may be considered the best finesse casting reel out there, an upgraded Daiwa Pixy with upgraded bearings and carbontex drags. It can cast 1/8 oz easily. 

49 minutes ago, fishinnstudyin said:

I've got what may be considered the best finesse casting reel out there, an upgraded Daiwa Pixy with upgraded bearings and carbontex drags. It can cast 1/8 oz easily. 

Message me pics. And a price

I have a Daiwa Alpha 103 R Edition that's sick

Let me know if you're interested

On 1/26/2018 at 2:41 PM, fishinnstudyin said:

I have the same reel. It is sick. I may part with it....

0BC05CD7-3611-489F-A47E-2C7297FC413D.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-Liberto-Pixy-Airy-Red-Baitcasting-Reel-Good/282820556617?hash=item41d96b3749:g:x2UAAOSwhqhZ7q~s

considered the best version of the reel by those that collect.  The handle and spool were upgraded from the rest.  The pixy is a monster cool reel and they come in a lot over versions to include the SPR which was for light crankbaits.

I'd love a Pixy, but I'm more of a fan of round reels. Abu has me covered.