papajoe222

WTB Daiwa Fuego

I'm looking to add one of the older TD Fuegos to my collection.  The red one with the magnesium side plates and the Magforce-Z control.  The better the condition, of course, the more interested I'd be. 

Left or Right?

3 hours ago, webertime said:

Left or Right?

Right

Hey Joe, lets go fishing again this year. I'll bring a couple of my reels along, and you can pick the one you want. I have a couple that haven't been out of the reel case for far too long.

Sounds good. 

My boat isn't up and running yet, but I can have it ready in a day or so. 

Pick a lake and let me know when. 

1 hour ago, .ghoti. said:

Hey Joe, lets go fishing again this year. I'll bring a couple of my reels along, and you can pick the one you want. I have a couple that haven't been out of the reel case for far too long.

What are you going to do with the other? :D

On 4/8/2017 at 0:09 PM, Jeff H said:

What are you going to do with the other? :D

I have six of them. And four Ziilions, five Alphas, three TDZs, aPX68, an SS SV and an Abu Record. Kind of went nuts buying reels a few years back. Several haven't been out of the house for a while.

1 hour ago, .ghoti. said:

I have six of them. And four Ziilions, five Alphas, three TDZs, aPX68, an SS SV and an Abu Record. Kind of went nuts buying reels a few years back. Several haven't been out of the house for a while.

Well now, that's a d**n fine collection of Japanese quality?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jeff H said:

Well now, that's a d**n fine collection of Japanese quality?

And a danger fine case of overkill. Did you ask because you wanted one? Ive been thinking of selling off a few reels to fund my rodbuilding addiction.

I would always consider a nice Fuego!  I've been meaning to PM you anyway, I'll drop you a note soon.

NOthing like stealing my thread, Jeff. That's really okay with me because you put me on a couple of fine reels. There's a guy listing a Fuego new and with the box for $225 on that auction site, but when I told him I purchased a new one last season for $140, he all but called me a liar.  He's relisted it four times already.

I apologize Joe but I thought you were done and secured your Fuego. The one on eBay is definitely over priced, new, used or otherwise that's just too much for a bone stock Fuego.  I just got a mint one for $105 a couple weeks ago? I can tell by the feel of the gears it's got very little time on it.

As much as I like the old Fuego, if I'm going to spend $200+ it would go to a new Tatula SV instead.

Joe, I bought a new, never fished Fuego this past January for 140.00 shipped. It took me a year to get a new one. I racked my brain to offer it to you because it sounds more important to you than me.  I'm glad Ghoti has one for your collection.  I'm relieved now.

Doug

thanks for even considering it Doug, What you paid is what I'd consider a fair price for a new one.  They're fine reels, but like Jeff said there are plenty of new reels on the market that equal or surpass its performance for under $225