Figured I'd post on here and see who else is a member.  The seminars and podcasts are pretty cool and cover a lot of ground (some are better than others, but there's a wide birth of topics).  Even more awesome, anyone else check out the discounts on Rapala, VMC, Storm, and Suffix products? Some of them are ridiculous. 

I'm a member and was lucky enough to attend a weekend last year that featured Ike, Ish, Seth Feider, JT Kenney, Josh Bertrand, and Jonathon Vandam. To say I learned a lot is a definite understatement.  I was hoping to attend the show that featured KVD this year but the cost was just too much for a weekend.

Being a Rapala/VMC fan I definitely love the savings.

To anyone who is wondering if it's worth it, rest assured it is and you'll walk away looking at things very differently and it will help you catch more fish.  The one thing I realise more and more is that fish up here in Canada don't behave the same way as those who don't experience a real winter shock to their systems if you will. I learned the most from Ike and from Seth, and it really paid dividends over my season last year.

Cheers!

• Like 2

This is copied from Jay Kumar's BassBlaster that is emailed on a semi regular basis. I think the link will work. I signed up for the free 30 days. Be aware you have to provide a CC or PayPal number. If you don't cancel in 30 days you are charged a regular membership. They let you know all of this but it is revealed step by step. 

11. BassU TV Classic promo extended.

Extended their Classic promo through Apr 9. Get 30 free days at bassu.tv/redeem and use promo code: classic30

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Attila said:

I'm a member and was lucky enough to attend a weekend last year that featured Ike, Ish, Seth Feider, JT Kenney, Josh Bertrand, and Jonathon Vandam. To say I learned a lot is a definite understatement.  I was hoping to attend the show that featured KVD this year but the cost was just too much for a weekend.

To anyone who is wondering if it's worth it, rest assured it is and you'll walk away looking at things very differently and it will help you catch more fish.  The one thing I realise more and more is that fish up here in Canada don't behave the same way as those who don't experience a real winter shock to their systems if you will. I learned the most from Ike and from Seth, and it really paid dividends over my season last year.

Cheers!

I haven't attended a weekend, but have watched the videos.  If you buy tackle, a membership is worth the cost for the savings alone.  I just picked up husky jerks for $3 apiece and X Raps for $5.  By the time I checked out, I saved $50 off my order. 

On the seminar weekends, is there opportunity for Q&A or conversations with the pros?

1 hour ago, Turkey sandwich said:

I haven't attended a weekend, but have watched the videos.  If you buy tackle, a membership is worth the cost for the savings alone.  I just picked up husky jerks for $3 apiece and X Raps for $5.  By the time I checked out, I saved $50 off my order. 

On the seminar weekends, is there opportunity for Q&A or conversations with the pros?

Not only Q&A during the individual sessions but between sessions you could walk up to and talk to any of the pros present and they'd happily provide information on just about any topic you could think to ask about without giving away the farm if you know what I mean. 

For me it was Ike who really taught me a lot about how to fish and change up my crankbaits to have them suit the conditions I was fishing in. 

It really is well worth the expenditure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Attila said:

Cheers!

Seth is a Rock Star on those northern Beast Smallies. 

Sounds like a great time.

A-Jay

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Seth is a Rock Star on those northern Beast Smallies. 

Sounds like a great time.

A-Jay

That he is, I learned a lot about light line finesse fishing hair jigs that really helped me last year.  Looking forward to some more experimenting this year too.

One thing I always remind myself...no matter how good an angler you are, there's always room to learn. So when an opportunity to listen and learn from some of the best in the sport we love comes along, I always jump at the chance to attend. We just wrapped up our fishing shows up here and I sat in on a lot of seminars and took away a lot that'll help me on the water this year.

Unfortunately I have to wait another 2 months for bass season to roll around...lol

Attila

• Like 1

The weekend i did was awesome.Worth every penny.I signed up for Bass U  online for couple months,but i didnt find it worth it any further than that.They didnt update videos enough for me.The savings you get from the vendors is awesome if you buy enough.5 bucks for Rapala cranks is a good deal if you ask me.But again i dont buy enough of them,or VMC treminal tackle to be worth it.I cant wait for them to come back next year so i can do it again.Not knocking the product at all,just not worth it long term for me.

In the past year, the quantity of videos and topics have improved drastically.  

In this upcoming winter I'm going to attend the Bass University. I try to hit the more local seminars at shows and at some of the shops but don't find them to be real informative or go into much depth. Hope something will be in Mid-Atlantic, North East area. I'll do the drive to get there.

Thanks for the link and the info. Very appreciated.

• Like 1