A-Jay

19 Apr 2017 on Lake Menderchuck ~ Video Added

28 posts in this topic

We are expecting two days of rain here & possibly snow Friday, so with that ominous forecast looming large, I hit Lake Menderchuck today around noon. (not that one, the other one :) )

A mostly overcast sky with a seasonal NW breeze kept me right on the edge of comfortable all afternoon.   Smallies were playing hard to get for the first half of this trip, but the second half was a different story.  Found them bunched up on a sand bottom flat on the north end.  Water temps were 49-50.  Found the first one on the jerkbait but I wasn’t feeling it so I switch things up.  Went to the Rage bug on the little 3/16 football shakey head.  It was game on after that.  Retraced my track three times and had a day. Left them biting around 6 pm; I love doing that.

  Got loads of video that I’m working on making sense out of. 

I’ll post something here soon once I get my act together. 

58f81f120622c_19Apr17SMB.thumb.png.d9d5c3401a3431175e05c2f3d3ca15f7.png

A-Jay

                                                                           

12 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done, A-Jay. 

 

You need to come down to VA, you can wear

fewer layers, even during full winter! :) 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me about it @Darren.- I keep waiting for it. 

After watch many other clips here from BR members fishing in T-Shirts, Shorts & flip-flops, I'm starting to think you're right. 

I guess I'll just have to take solace in my partially frozen & shredded Bass Thumb.

:smiley:

A-Jay

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, A-Jay said:

Tell me about it @Darren.- I keep waiting for it. 

After watch many other clips here from BR members fishing in T-Shirts, Shorts & flip-flops, I'm starting to think you're right. 

I guess I'll just have to take solace in my partially frozen & shredded Bass Thumb.

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

A shredded bass thumb is a trophy in any part of the

country, my friend :) 

 

And at least you can fish for both largies and smallies!

Granted, I don't have to drive far to hit the smallie 

waters, but I still wish they were stocked in my area.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Darren. said:

 

A shredded bass thumb is a trophy in any part of the

country, my friend :) 

 

And at least you can fish for both largies and smallies!

Granted, I don't have to drive far to hit the smallie 

waters, but I still wish they were stocked in my area.

I bet they'd do well in little creek rez

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need to put together some kind of Bass Resource trip for those of us up north.  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Turkey sandwich said:

We really need to put together some kind of Bass Resource trip for those of us up north.  

 

That's a good Idea ~ 

Where do you have in mind ?

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job!  Early post spawn up north...doesn't get any better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Micro SD card in my camera just went OOC so I lost All my content before I got a change to upload it ~ 

So no video

Good Times.

:angry:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@A-Jay if you have a USB card reader, there are free recovery tools that may help you get back the lost files.  You'd be surprised what's left behind on the card, even after a format.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks J ~ I do & I'll try.

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while, but I think I used DiskDigger.  There's a bunch of free ones. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FOUND IT ALL !   

Working on an edit which should be done soon.

It was touch & go there for a bit (I might have thrown some stuff) but feel better now. 

:annoyed1:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A-Jay said:

 

That's a good Idea ~ 

Where do you have in mind ?

A-Jay

Champlain, Erie, St. Clair, St Lawrence, etc would all make for great trips and would all easily accommodate a bunch of us for 4-5 days. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Throw Oneida on that pile of lakes.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J Francho said:

Throw Oneida on that pile of lakes.

 I'd love to hit that one 'when it was on' ~

Think I could get Greg Hackney as my guide ? 

:smiley:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be on in the next few weeks.  For green fish, that is.  As summer patterns develop, you're going into the jungle for greeen fish, unless you have extensive knowledge of all the deep wrecks.

 

It also has plenty of facilities to accommodate a very large group of anglers.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J Francho said:

It'll be on in the next few weeks.  For green fish, that is.  As summer patterns develop, you're going into the jungle for greeen fish, unless you have extensive knowledge of all the deep wrecks.

 

It also has plenty of facilities to accommodate a very large group of anglers.

 

Good Luck ~

A-Jay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J Francho said:

It'll be on in the next few weeks.  For green fish, that is.  As summer patterns develop, you're going into the jungle for greeen fish, unless you have extensive knowledge of all the deep wrecks.

 

It also has plenty of facilities to accommodate a very large group of anglers.

 

This sounds like a fun spot to start.  Should be pretty easy to motivate the forum's NY contingency, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried before, but who knows.  Maybe it can be done.  New Yorkers are motivated by food.  That's a pro tip.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got  some video from this trip up - it's back at the top.

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Got  some video from this trip up - it's back at the top.

A-Jay

Cool video! I've never heard that Michigan accent before lol. How do you like your 360?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

Cool video! I've never heard that Michigan accent before lol. How do you like your 360?

:smiley: Thanks ~

The new boom stick & the Hero 5 are an improvement.  My 'editing' skills, (and I'm using that term in the loosest sense possible) should improve as I go.  But I'm hoping to only do it to make these clips more watchable - it's a work in progress for sure.

As for the accent, admittedly it's not exactly a typical Up North dialect.

  May be more of a cross between Yankee diction & Beantown enunciation. 

post-13860-0-99146900-1432770053_thumb.jpg

 

A-Jay

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A-Jay said:

As for the accent, admittedly it's not exactly a typical Up North dialect.

 

What accent?  I watched the video with the volume muted.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

:smiley: Thanks ~

The new boom stick & the Hero 5 are an improvement.  My 'editing' skills, (and I'm using that term in the loosest sense possible) should improve as I go.  But I'm hoping to only do it to make these clips more watchable - it's a work in progress for sure.

As for the accent, admittedly it's not exactly a typical Up North dialect.

  May be more of a cross between Yankee diction & Beantown enunciation. 

post-13860-0-99146900-1432770053_thumb.jpg

 

A-Jay

 

Like with everything it takes time and patience, you're off to a good start! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    bass fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels



    fishing reels

    Fishing Tips

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fishing
    fish for bass
    fish