Jump to content
Glenn

Post a photo a day!

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I took my boys to a Touch-a-Truck in town last weekend so momma could have some quiet time. It was a really nice day out, I think Lake probably could have taken a nap in the resting spot he found while he was eating his sucker.

Image may contain: 1 person

My brother drives OTR and participates in something similar every year. He also does a "trucker buddy" program with the school districts. Kind of a pen pal deal where the kids write letters and do a Q&A. It helps break up the monotony of being on the road. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slonezp said:

My brother drives OTR and participates in something similar every year. He also does a "trucker buddy" program with the school districts. Kind of a pen pal deal where the kids write letters and do a Q&A. It helps break up the monotony of being on the road. 

We take our boys to a few of these every year. Our kids love seeing the big trucks and machinery up close and getting to learn about it a little bit. The people volunteering usually seem to be having about as much fun as the kids are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

We take our boys to a few of these every year. Our kids love seeing the big trucks and machinery up close and getting to learn about it a little bit. The people volunteering usually seem to be having about as much fun as the kids are.

My brother loves it. My mom usually helps him with the kids but she has fallen sick recently. She was upset she couldn't make it this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

large.Lund_in_the_slop.png.57d0d7b56656d322f0d878d1d5b1e0f4.png

You Gotta want it . . . 

and have the right rig.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not just one photo, but 142.  The Big Lake is flooding again.  Why can't these guys get it right?  We can't let any more out, since Montreal is already flooded.  Scroll to the bottom for the pics.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/30/lake-ontario-flooding/353818001/

 

Here is some drone footage on FB made by a local news journalist.

 

https://www.facebook.com/JohnKuckoDigital/videos/598763550622352/

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, J Francho said:

Not just one photo, but 142.  The Big Lake is flooding again.  Why can't these guys get it right?  We can't let any more out, since Montreal is already flooded.  Scroll to the bottom for the pics.

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/30/lake-ontario-flooding/353818001/

 

Here is some drone footage on FB made by a local news journalist.

 

 

They can't figure it out here either. Seems like every other state draws lakes down for the winter, not Kansas, nope, we just have floods every spring and summer. It's like they forget that it snows every winter and rains every spring.

 My favorite smallmouth lake is 14' high right now. Supposed to have a tournament on another lake that is closed completely because the water has made it to vault toilets and deemed unsafe to the public. Now the lake I grew up by, which is nearly 50' high and threatening to go over the dam, is about to being heavy releasing and potentially cause more flooding down river. It's going to cause the state untold dollars lost in people who aren't going to be using the lakes because all the camping grounds are flooded for the holiday coming up. All could have been prevented if they'd just do winter drawdowns. Worse case, the lakes are lower than normal in the summer but at least they're usable and people aren't losing their homes. 

Some pictures from my favorite smallie lake.

Campsite post,

Image may contain: outdoor and water

horse riding trail marker

Image may contain: outdoor, nature and water

campgrounds

59627615_2169361406488170_82025065516682

 

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The neighbors dog patiently waiting for 6poundbass to catch one. 

 

A66C8F67-A71D-48BD-88EE-D0A7ABC633C4.jpeg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA - MAY 16: The Boston Bruins pose with the Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly and the Prince of Wales Trophy after defeating the Carolina Hurricanes in Game Four to win the Eastern Conference Finals during the 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at PNC Arena on May 16, 2019 in Raleigh, North Carolina. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

12 down - 4 to go.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the Army's 244 year history, only three former officers have been promoted. Bob Dole was honorable promoted to Colonel yesterday at the World War II memorial, Washington DC. "All The Way," Colonel! (Pictures: United States Army Public Affairs)

765.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No photo description available.

Sometimes you just have to wait it out . . . 

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tim Kelly said:

Ugh. Any ideas what the problem is?

I sucked something into the intakes and lost water pressure. Flushed the motor when I got home. I'm pretty sure I dislodged whatever it was. I just hope I didn't damage the impeller. I put the muffs on but couldn't get a strong stream out of the peehole.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the new boat hauler today. Told the kid we were going shopping, when we turned into the dealership and I said this is the last ride your gonna have in the green one, his eyes lit up like just about any other male of the human species 😏. Ahh, the smell of new truck!

3EC76FC3-CF0A-4920-8E1F-B1C9EBD0E285.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Way north bass guy said:

Picked up the new boat hauler today. Told the kid we were going shopping, when we turned into the dealership and I said this is the last ride your gonna have in the green one, his eyes lit up like just about any other male of the human species 😏. Ahh, the smell of new truck!

3EC76FC3-CF0A-4920-8E1F-B1C9EBD0E285.jpeg

Congrats ~

btw - nice tag.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun years!

A8A35E94-2D8D-4EA0-B2E2-F23B5E57A47B.jpeg

Daughter's in Bali and decided to take up scuba.

.......and no, she doesn't  get my UDT watch 😂

5D3D0247-F2AF-4A50-9A60-8319F97604C1.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, slonezp said:

2 hour idle back to the ramp

"I'm givin you all she's got Captain!"

A tree for every soldier of the 3rd Infantry who paid the ultimate price.

770.jpg

771.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took Mrs. Blue out Friday night for a fancy dinner. Can't believe she's put up with my shenanigans for over 9 years now.

Image may contain: Jessica Nicole and Clayton Westgate, people smiling, closeup, text and indoor

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Took Mrs. Blue out Friday night for a fancy dinner. Can't believe she's put up with my shenanigans for over 9 years now.

Image may contain: Jessica Nicole and Clayton Westgate, people smiling, closeup, text and indoor

Happy anniversary to you guys. Today is 13 years for the Mrs. and I.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Storm "gusting out" over Medford, Oklahoma yesterday. My nerves get shaken this time of year in Oklahoma. Round 2 starts Monday. (Photo: News 9, OKC)

773 (2).jpg

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football was canceled today so he decided to try fishing. I think he has the bass bug.

 

 

3AD4DD67-0B26-4322-8F7F-38C78FBBDF04.jpeg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harold Scoggins said:

Storm "gusting out" over Medford, Oklahoma yesterday. My nerves get shaken this time of year in Oklahoma. Round 2 starts Monday. (Photo: News 9, OKC)

773 (2).jpg

Wow. That looks like the apocalypse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...