Jartbek

Bank fishing day 14 and ?

20170607_173044.thumb.jpg.47e8b6c74301ada6cc37e9962ec7a5d8.jpg

Had a tough day. 13 mph wind, 75 degrees. Had 4 fish hooked or so I thought ended losing them but last 20 min I caught Antwan 2 1/2lb 17in. How often should I change/sharpen treble hooks on a crankbait?

• Like 1

You caught Antwan ? Lol. Your hooks should feel "sticky" to the touch. If they aren't , they could use sharpening or replaced. 

Also no shame in holding the fish with one hand and taking a picture.. can't say I've never done what you did but i havent in quite awhile.. it's not good for their protective slime coating. If you appreciate catching them you might not want to lay them in the dirt. 

Nice fish tho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yeajray231 said:

You caught Antwan ? Lol. Your hooks should feel "sticky" to the touch. If they aren't , they could use sharpening or replaced. 

Also no shame in holding the fish with one hand and taking a picture.. can't say I've never done what you did but i havent in quite awhile.. it's not good for their protective slime coating. If you appreciate catching them you might not want to lay them in the dirt. 

Nice fish tho. 

Yeah  i name my fish dont know why. I should know better to hold him in one hand than set him down for a pic. Thanks still kinda new to catching fish like this 

• Like 1

What kind of line are you using ? If you lost 4 out of 5 bass on a crankbait something isn't right.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yeajray231 said:

What kind of line are you using ? If you lost 4 out of 5 bass on a crankbait something isn't right.

Using 15lb high seas copolymer fluorocarbon coated and lost one with a Texas rigged senko on 10 lb copolymer. I just think I wasn't setting it hard enough

31 minutes ago, Crestliner2008 said:

Nice bass!

Thanks it was a beautiful fish