Jump to content
tcbass

Which end of the Zman Finesse TRD stickbait goes toward the jighead?

Recommended Posts

So I opened my first pack of Zman TRD stickbaits and noticed that one end has rough bumps while the other is smooth.

 

Is a particular end supposed to go toward the jighead while the other isn't? I wouldn't want to ruin the action or anything or set it up wrong and not get the correct action from the bait. 

 

 

IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.224117ad11395a68da6459ebd0065cef.JPG 

 

FullSizeRender.jpg.28dfc575c3e6cb2dcd19e59511944ef8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard the "bumped" end is supposed to represent crawfish so I suppose that would be the back end but that's the end that's with the slit so that doesn't really makes sense.  IMO it doesn't matter just get some superglue so you can keep the worm up on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fishin' Fool said:

I've heard the "bumped" end is supposed to represent crawfish so I suppose that would be the back end but that's the end that's with the slit so that doesn't really makes sense.  IMO it doesn't matter just get some superglue so you can keep the worm up on the head.

 

 

There is a slit? For what? I didn't see or use that properly apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes no difference. When one end gets worn  out or torn up, we simply flip the bait around to the other end and keep fishing. As a matter of personal record, most times I always start with the bumped craw end away from me for whatever reason. Fish could care less.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tcbass said:

 

 

There is a slit? For what? I didn't see or use that properly apparently. 

 

It should be on the brown side roughly in the middle. It's kind of a guide to where the hook can poke out but doesn't have to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fishin' Fool said:

 

It should be on the brown side roughly in the middle. It's kind of a guide to where the hook can poke out but doesn't have to be.

 

 

O man! Perfect! Thanks! I had to poke it out like 4 times and tore a brand new TRD up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter. Like already stated, I fish one end until it's torn up, then flip it over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tcbass said:

 

 

O man! Perfect! Thanks! I had to poke it out like 4 times and tore a brand new TRD up. 

 

What you need to do is sit the head on top of the Trd worm and roughly see where the point should come out. I ruined a few worms just trying to guess. It's a learning process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter, I use both ends and will rotate the bait around after it gets torn up.  I don't retire it until both ends are unusable and torn on all sides.  Only tore one up to that point once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×