tcbass

Which end of the Zman Finesse TRD stickbait goes toward the jighead?

So I opened my first pack of Zman TRD stickbaits and noticed that one end has rough bumps while the other is smooth.

Is a particular end supposed to go toward the jighead while the other isn't? I wouldn't want to ruin the action or anything or set it up wrong and not get the correct action from the bait. 

IMG_0537.thumb.JPG.224117ad11395a68da6459ebd0065cef.JPG 

FullSizeRender.jpg.28dfc575c3e6cb2dcd19e59511944ef8.jpg

I've heard the "bumped" end is supposed to represent crawfish so I suppose that would be the back end but that's the end that's with the slit so that doesn't really makes sense.  IMO it doesn't matter just get some superglue so you can keep the worm up on the head.

3 minutes ago, Fishin' Fool said:

I've heard the "bumped" end is supposed to represent crawfish so I suppose that would be the back end but that's the end that's with the slit so that doesn't really makes sense.  IMO it doesn't matter just get some superglue so you can keep the worm up on the head.

There is a slit? For what? I didn't see or use that properly apparently. 

Makes no difference. When one end gets worn  out or torn up, we simply flip the bait around to the other end and keep fishing. As a matter of personal record, most times I always start with the bumped craw end away from me for whatever reason. Fish could care less.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tcbass said:

There is a slit? For what? I didn't see or use that properly apparently. 

It should be on the brown side roughly in the middle. It's kind of a guide to where the hook can poke out but doesn't have to be.

10 minutes ago, Fishin' Fool said:

It should be on the brown side roughly in the middle. It's kind of a guide to where the hook can poke out but doesn't have to be.

O man! Perfect! Thanks! I had to poke it out like 4 times and tore a brand new TRD up. 

It doesn't matter. Like already stated, I fish one end until it's torn up, then flip it over.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tcbass said:

O man! Perfect! Thanks! I had to poke it out like 4 times and tore a brand new TRD up. 

What you need to do is sit the head on top of the Trd worm and roughly see where the point should come out. I ruined a few worms just trying to guess. It's a learning process.

It doesn't matter, I use both ends and will rotate the bait around after it gets torn up.  I don't retire it until both ends are unusable and torn on all sides.  Only tore one up to that point once.