CybrSlydr

Anglr Report: Wolf Run, 13 August 2017

Well, today got off to a really strange start.

4:30am and my alarm goes off.  I want to get to Wolf Run around 6:00am so I can see if the fish will bite.  I live about 35-40min away, so this is perfect time to go.  Feed the cats and start loading up my car.  This is when I realize... my mom's car isn't in the garage.  

I don't understand?

I go back in the house, she's still in bed sleeping.  Now I'm really confused.  So I go back to my brother and tell him (he has opening shift today).  We both wonder if the car was stolen - which doesn't make sense.  Small town, that stuff doesn't happen.  Plus, if it was, why would they put the garage door back down?  And how did they get the key?  Etc.

So I head down to McDonalds (where she works part-time) and get some breakfast.  I see her car in the lot - so my brother and I are figuring the battery died and she walked home (we live about 10min walk from the store).  So, since my dad's car is the only one they have available, I wait until my brother needs to be at work and drop him off - unfortunately, this is the time I wanted to be at the lake.  So I get to the lake around 6:45 and my spot on the dam a bit before 7.

35736884593_d26701128a_k.jpg

Looks like a promising morning!  I'm seeing numerous surface strikes from fish near this spot.  Couple of fish jump clear out of the water!  So as you can see, I use the Heddon Super Spook Jr. at first trying to get my first-ever topwater bite.  No luck.  So I switch over to the KVD Sexy Dawg.  Again, no luck.  I'm still 0-for-the-century on topwater lures. :(

After about half an hour, I move over to my usual spot and start going through the tackle.  Worms, jigs, keitech w/underspin, cranks, poppers, a 1oz Livetarget rubber shad lure (which I'm very careful with since my rod is rated 1/8-1/2 - even though I managed to get it stuck on the spillway tower and then end up losing it by getting it stuck on something underwater).

703.png

d**n.

According to the Anglr tracker, I left after 4hrs 24min and 148 casts.  Once again, empty handed.

Here's the link to the Anglr data - http://my.anglr.tech/TripDetails/Details/8656

5 minutes ago, deep said:

Are you sponsored by Anglr?

No, I am not.  I like to put it in the title so folks know that it has Anglr data and they can check it out to see if the data it provides is something they're interested in.

• Like 1

Ok, got it. I didn't even know what Anglr is until I googled it.

I now see that clicking on the link I provided prompts you to log-in.  I thought the data was publicly viewable - my bad folks.

If you want me to take screenshots, lemme know and I'll put them up.

I'd like to see a screenshot. I've been thinking about getting Anglr but not sure if its worth it for the info. 

39 minutes ago, Gundog said:

I'd like to see a screenshot. I've been thinking about getting Anglr but not sure if its worth it for the info. 

Will do!

36169895890_bdacbc5d5a_o.jpg

The above image is the dashboard where it summarizes all the trips and data collected thus far.  As you can see, I've fished the most in June and the hot spots on the map are where I've logged trips.

36398165852_94201702f6_o.jpg

This is just a summary of where I've gone.

36398165672_700a23469a_o.jpg

This is an expanded image from the Trip showing where the GPS logged your travel.

36169895730_bff0c4587e_o.jpg

Same as above but with satellite imagery overlaid instead.

36398165472_d19459be6c_o.jpg

This is all the weather data.  When you start a trip you can select an available buoy near that will give this data.

35731630724_84a558f795_o.jpg

This is the rest of the data.

36398165382_e8d9606a3f_o.jpgThis is where you can enter all your tackle as well as your fishing rods/reels.  This way you can see what lures and rod/reels give you the best luck and most catches.  Personally, I'm only entering something now if I catch something - and at .2 catches/trip, I don't get to enter much tackle.  lol

• Like 1

Its an interesting overview. I like the weather data. That is something I don't normally remember or don't have specific knowledge of at the time. 

8 minutes ago, Gundog said:

Its an interesting overview. I like the weather data. That is something I don't normally remember or don't have specific knowledge of at the time. 

wunderground has weather history upto several years back. Check it out; contains all the data I ever needed.

Have you ever tried fishing with a purple plastic worm for 2-3 hrs straight?

• Like 1

Just now, TnRiver46 said:

No.  At most, I swap out lures about every 10-15min.

3 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

No.  At most, I swap out lures about every 10-15min.

Give it a try sometime, bass will almost always eat a worm and you definitely can't get a bite when your line isn't in the water 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TnRiver46 said:

Give it a try sometime, bass will almost always eat a worm and you definitely can't get a bite when your line isn't in the water 

well, my line was definitely in the water!  140+ casts in 4.5hrs is quite a few. :)

6 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

I swap out lures about every 10-15min.

Why?

6 hours ago, deep said:

Why?

If nothing is biting, why keep using it?

I'll try one more time.

On 7/29/2017 at 9:19 AM, Catt said:

It aint your line, rod, reel, or lures!

It location. ;)

Y'all can change all the tackle ya want but it ain't gonna change the results!

Failing to understand what structure is, how to truly identify it, interpret it, and then fish it effectively.

Failing to understand what the predominate prey species in your lake and how that species relates to structure with each season...morning, noon, and night.

Failing to understand that next after location is timing; just because you don't get bite does not mean the bass aren't there or you tied on the wrong lure.

Failing to understand that to consistently catch bass is a process of elimination and duplication. Eliminate patterns and waters that are non-productive and duplicate patterns and waters that are productive.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

This exact thing is how I went from occasionally accidentally catching a bass to being successful almost every time out when I was getting into bass fishing. Granted, a watercraft has also helped, but the change was there even from shore. 

Just a 4" worm on a little texas rig, or split shot rig, or slider head, or something like this:
FinessePowerWorm.thumb.jpg.84ce4bb3ab5348fc63306d8f5a23304a.jpg

Perfect for a ML spinning rod.

• Like 1