RyanDR

How to add weed guard to Do-It Molds?

I have a few ball head do it molds that I like to tie with. Anybody know how to add a weed guard to the a mold like this? I like this particular mold because it has a good taper for tying. I also have the "NED" rig mold, anybody know how I could add a weed guard to this one too?

https://www.barlowstackle.com/Do-It-Round-Head-Jig-Molds-P192.aspx 

-Ryan

I personally just take a pair of vice-grips and hold the hook/weight and take a small sharp drill bit and drill a small hole and glue in the guards...takes patience but not one for gambling with my molds and it works great for me.  I use the blue bottle of super glue....only have to hold for a few seconds.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

It would be easier just to buy a new mold that has the weedguard slots already. 

Allen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2017 at 2:17 PM, Munkin said:

It would be easier just to buy a new mold that has the weedguard slots already. 

Allen 

The thing is the styles I want don't have a weed guard option. 

On 10/8/2017 at 10:02 AM, Oregon Native said:

I personally just take a pair of vice-grips and hold the hook/weight and take a small sharp drill bit and drill a small hole and glue in the guards...takes patience but not one for gambling with my molds and it works great for me.  I use the blue bottle of super glue....only have to hold for a few seconds.

Good luck

Thanks I'll try that one out. 

One of the reasons I use the drill thing is I "personally" do not care for the amount of weedguards in a small jig.  I like but just a few so that I don't need really hit em when I jerk.  Beside's I can do quite a few in an hour or two...enough to last a long time..

Tight Lines

• Like 1