Pike Guy 10

Blank lures

Welcome aboard!

Can't help you with blank lures, but some lure builders

on the forum might...

I’ve found them on Amazon before. Used them for a project I did with my classes during one of our exploratory days. Decently cheap and the designs are very similar to the stuff you buy painted from the name brands. Are they high quality? That I couldn’t tell you, but they don’t look or feel any different to me. 

35 minutes ago, Angry John said:

A lot of companies are now selling an unpainted version of there baits.  TW has several including strike king.  

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Strike_King_KVD_HC_Square_Bill_Silent_Crankbait/descpage-SKKVDHC.html.  color nude

While this is a viable option, you're a fool to pay full price for an unpainted blank. Most blanks are available from numerous sources for around $1 each, and sometimes even cheaper. 

• Like 1

For a home painter who wants a proven lure it's a good piece of mind.  At that rate you may just want to repaint a lure you have that might have peel or not a color you want.  

You can get good blanks at Predator Bass Baits. There is a small custom shop called "Adam's Custom Lures" that I believe uses those blanks. I only have experience with their 1.5 and 2.5 square bills but I can tell you they perform well, around my area they are more popular than a KVD 1.5 because of the custom color patterns and the lure having just about the same action. The blank lures from Strike King have the eyes installed so in order to paint you'd probably have to remove them and once glued the 3D eyes get brittle so you'd more than likely have to buy eyes as well which is tough when the baits are full price.

This should be in the Luremaking section.

Predator has the best quality blanks at around $2 each.

Stay away from Avid as he has not fullfilled orders for many, including me.

Cedar run has ok blanks for $1

Lurecraft

Get bit

Dinger

Shelts

wLure.com has cheap blanks. I have done well on a few of their blanks. Shipping takes a couple weeks from china.

Dinger Baits & Get Bit Custom Baits , There Blanks Are Top On The Line.

Mike