Really just looking for opinions on the possibility of a double digit largemouth swimming in WI. I personally believe theres a few lakes that have the potential for a fish that big.

I asked a similar question of my fellow Michigan anglers. Our state record is 11lb 15oz set back in the 30's. 

Most who responded thought there were DD bass in our state. I imagine there are but I think they're very very few and far between. 

The biggest LMB one reported if I remember was just over 7lbs and that was a LMB on a small lake stocked with trout. That says a lot right there. If there's going to be a fat and happy bass it's going to be snacking on trout. 

There's a private quarry near me that has ridiculously large bass. Only fished there a few times but can never get the real big ones to bite. But there's rock wall along one side that you can walk along and see them some swimming now and then. They are HUUUGE. Have to be double digits. 

IIRC, the state record is over 11 lbs, and it was set about 80 years ago. I'm sure there are at least a few 10+'s swimming around, but good luck finding them.

• Like 1

I fish Shawano lake often, we have seen 7s, also 7s in another local lake. I would think Big Green stands a chance of holding double digits.

• Like 1