Jump to content
Munkin

Lure swap

Recommended Posts

 How many people would be interested in a lure swap ? Figured we could get a dozen people to swap jigs so we can see what everyone is able to make. Everyone would make say 12 identical baits and send them all to someone who would then distribute them to everyone else in the group. I have done this before and it is nice to see what works for other people around the country. 

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be in on that deal. Always cool to see little tweaks that others do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes 2 who else is in. 

 

Allen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t do jigs, but I’ve been playing with a lathe to make poppers. If it were open to other types of baits, I may be game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't really matter to me what it is, just cool to see other people's work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in, jigs, plastics, chatter baits tell me what you would like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally getting some interest going on this.  Let's get a list of people that want to participate and set a deadline to have the baits completed.  Figure 2 months should be good that Way everyone has time. 

 

Allen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tie my own jigs using different hairs and skirts and dress my own treble hooks if thats something people would be interested in? I could probably do 1 of each for each person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   This still going to happen? I'd be interested, but just got into jig making, so what i can offer (so far) is limited.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't a lot of interest but if we can get a few more to sign up. 

 

Allen 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a plan to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be interested in trying this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many people are we thinking of having?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im in to paint some crankbaits or maybe some glidebaits

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well seems like we have a good starting point, 5 guys so far. I'm in for hair jigs and inline spinners, I tie everything myself and come up with my own inline spinner designs. I'd post pictures but they are too large.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DomQ said:

Well seems like we have a good starting point, 5 guys so far. I'm in for hair jigs and inline spinners, I tie everything myself and come up with my own inline spinner designs. I'd post pictures but they are too large.

 

 

 

upload to tiny pic choose message board from the dropdown and then copy the url

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also attach them in an email. Before you send it to yourself you should be able to select a smaller size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in also!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of my earlier inline spinners I've made, pictures don't really show the flash but close enough!

 

10e2ava.jpg

 

1zvsxed.jpg

 

280vaza.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nice!  Whay kind of wire bender do you use?    I want to start making some in-line spinners using 1/8oz tungsten worm weights as the body so I can end up with a lure that is heavy and compact.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fishwizzard said:

 Nice!  Whay kind of wire bender do you use?    I want to start making some in-line spinners using 1/8oz tungsten worm weights as the body so I can end up with a lure that is heavy and compact.   

I use the exact same weights except I use stainless steel weights and if I don't coat them with nail polish ill put a clear coat on them to prolong the weight from the water if they don't dry off well. Even though they are stainless they still rust, so a nice coating of clear coat will help. I get the wire from jansnetcraft and I found jeweler pliers at Wal-Mart in the near section. If you want I can send you a few pictures or videos on what I use and how I do it. To be honest, its really fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DomQ said:

I use the exact same weights except I use stainless steel weights and if I don't coat them with nail polish ill put a clear coat on them to prolong the weight from the water if they don't dry off well. Even though they are stainless they still rust, so a nice coating of clear coat will help. I get the wire from jansnetcraft and I found jeweler pliers at Wal-Mart in the near section. If you want I can send you a few pictures or videos on what I use and how I do it. To be honest, its really fun.

A couple pics or vid would be awesome. Ive never made wire baits before and its something id like to get into

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, DomQ said:

Some of my earlier inline spinners I've made, pictures don't really show the flash but close enough!

 

10e2ava.jpg

 

1zvsxed.jpg

 

280vaza.jpg

What's with the globe model, round earth hoax subliminal message? You can clearly  see the #3 brass french blade casting a shadow behind the third continent beyond the Antarctic ice wall. How do NASA and Neil deGrasse Tyson explain that? ^_^

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×