Munkin

Lure swap

How many people would be interested in a lure swap ? Figured we could get a dozen people to swap jigs so we can see what everyone is able to make. Everyone would make say 12 identical baits and send them all to someone who would then distribute them to everyone else in the group. I have done this before and it is nice to see what works for other people around the country. 

Allen 

I'd be in on that deal. Always cool to see little tweaks that others do. 

That makes 2 who else is in. 

Allen 

I don’t do jigs, but I’ve been playing with a lathe to make poppers. If it were open to other types of baits, I may be game. 

• Like 1

Doesn't really matter to me what it is, just cool to see other people's work. 

• Like 1

Count me in, jigs, plastics, chatter baits tell me what you would like.

• Like 1

Finally getting some interest going on this.  Let's get a list of people that want to participate and set a deadline to have the baits completed.  Figure 2 months should be good that Way everyone has time. 

Allen 

• Like 1

I tie my own jigs using different hairs and skirts and dress my own treble hooks if thats something people would be interested in? I could probably do 1 of each for each person. 

This still going to happen? I'd be interested, but just got into jig making, so what i can offer (so far) is limited.

• Like 1

Wasn't a lot of interest but if we can get a few more to sign up. 

Allen 

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan to me. 

Id be interested in trying this. 

• Like 1

How many people are we thinking of having?

im in to paint some crankbaits or maybe some glidebaits

• Like 1

Well seems like we have a good starting point, 5 guys so far. I'm in for hair jigs and inline spinners, I tie everything myself and come up with my own inline spinner designs. I'd post pictures but they are too large.

1 minute ago, DomQ said:

Well seems like we have a good starting point, 5 guys so far. I'm in for hair jigs and inline spinners, I tie everything myself and come up with my own inline spinner designs. I'd post pictures but they are too large.

upload to tiny pic choose message board from the dropdown and then copy the url

• Like 1

You can also attach them in an email. Before you send it to yourself you should be able to select a smaller size.

• Like 1

I’m in also!!

• Like 1

Some of my earlier inline spinners I've made, pictures don't really show the flash but close enough!

10e2ava.jpg

1zvsxed.jpg

280vaza.jpg

• Like 2

Nice!  Whay kind of wire bender do you use?    I want to start making some in-line spinners using 1/8oz tungsten worm weights as the body so I can end up with a lure that is heavy and compact.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishwizzard said:

Nice!  Whay kind of wire bender do you use?    I want to start making some in-line spinners using 1/8oz tungsten worm weights as the body so I can end up with a lure that is heavy and compact.   

I use the exact same weights except I use stainless steel weights and if I don't coat them with nail polish ill put a clear coat on them to prolong the weight from the water if they don't dry off well. Even though they are stainless they still rust, so a nice coating of clear coat will help. I get the wire from jansnetcraft and I found jeweler pliers at Wal-Mart in the near section. If you want I can send you a few pictures or videos on what I use and how I do it. To be honest, its really fun.

6 hours ago, DomQ said:

I use the exact same weights except I use stainless steel weights and if I don't coat them with nail polish ill put a clear coat on them to prolong the weight from the water if they don't dry off well. Even though they are stainless they still rust, so a nice coating of clear coat will help. I get the wire from jansnetcraft and I found jeweler pliers at Wal-Mart in the near section. If you want I can send you a few pictures or videos on what I use and how I do it. To be honest, its really fun.

A couple pics or vid would be awesome. Ive never made wire baits before and its something id like to get into

On 3/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, DomQ said:

Some of my earlier inline spinners I've made, pictures don't really show the flash but close enough!

10e2ava.jpg

1zvsxed.jpg

280vaza.jpg

What's with the globe model, round earth hoax subliminal message? You can clearly  see the #3 brass french blade casting a shadow behind the third continent beyond the Antarctic ice wall. How do NASA and Neil deGrasse Tyson explain that? ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1