12poundbass

Tracker 40th ani. Heritage edition boat

4 hours ago, Jrt said:

I got the vip # when I picked up the boat. Dealer said call him if I didn’t get the email within 10 days, I didn’t so gave him a call. Two days after got actual card in the mail, got to say dealer was great all the way through the buying process. Cincinnati Bass Pro Shop. Hey HolyBass does your boat cover still fit with the trolling motor you have? I upgraded to a Minnkota powerdrive with Ipilot and no way will the cover will fit. Guess I will sell it, if anyone needs another cover will make you a great deal...

Yes the cover fits. Its a tighter fit tho. I had to use the quick release mount to make it fit with the trolling motor on. The quick release mount allowed me to mount same position as the  minn kota edge. It wouldnt fit if i didnt use the quick release. 

So I was fishing this weekend and I had a couple fish in the live well. I wanted to drain and refill the live well so the fish would have fresh cool water for the journey home. After loading the boat on the trailer, the transom is still in the water mind you. I drained about half the water from the live well then turned on the pump and nothing.the pump  is not powerful enough to lift water at angles apparently it needs to be relatively flat. so I had to fill the live well with my smaller cooler I had on board for worms.

1 hour ago, Mindspread said:

So I was fishing this weekend and I had a couple fish in the live well. I wanted to drain and refill the live well so the fish would have fresh cool water for the journey home. After loading the boat on the trailer, the transom is still in the water mind you. I drained about half the water from the live well then turned on the pump and nothing.the pump  is not powerful enough to lift water at angles apparently it needs to be relatively flat. so I had to fill the live well with my smaller cooler I had on board for worms.

Hmm, you would think it wouldn't make that much of a difference.  Did you try unscrewing the aerator a little to unrestrict the flow a little more?  I haven't used mine much.  I've been using it as a cooler, which uninsulated, it makes a terrible cooler :lol:.

3 hours ago, Bolar said:

So I was fishing this weekend ...

The dealer explained to me when I purchased the boat that the aerator may not pump water to the live well due to an air-locked pump. She recommended backing the boat up while in the water to force water into the pump in order to break the air-lock. This may have been the situation here.

• Like 2

My first thought was I had the airator to tight but it did not matter. Witch position it was in.

I had also thought of backing back off the trailer but I was hot and ready to get out if the sun.

Funny the guy who helped me at my bass pro said the tank would fill automaticly, needless to say he was not the most knowledgeable on the bass tracker.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:11 AM, Jrt said:

I got the vip # when I picked up the boat. Dealer said call him if I didn’t get the email within 10 days, I didn’t so gave him a call. Two days after got actual card in the mail, got to say dealer was great all the way through the buying process. Cincinnati Bass Pro Shop. Hey HolyBass does your boat cover still fit with the trolling motor you have? I upgraded to a Minnkota powerdrive with Ipilot and no way will the cover will fit. Guess I will sell it, if anyone needs another cover will make you a great deal...

Silly, but I must ask... Are you starting from the bow of the boat?  There is a pocket for the trolling motor.  Maybe adjust the height/depth of the trolling motor.  I would imagine that the cover should fit over it.

The dealer installed the trolling motor and you can see from the pic it crosses the bow. Really about the only way it could be done.

EB85A78E-579A-44E1-9E0B-55C3938E4C82.jpeg

Last week I was fishing in the rain.  When I came home I noticed the rear storage compartment was a little wet in side so I took my PFD's and other gear out and left the lid open to dry.  Yesterday when I was out I opened my seat storage and noticed it was wet in there.  I kind of figured with the channel that runs on the top and it all being plastic, it would keep dry in the rain.  Nope.  It was sunny and warm so I opened all my compartment lids and laid out all my gear to properly air dry.  It was only me so it was no big deal.

So I made another rookie mistake, if your caught in some rain open all your compartment lids and dry everything out when you get home.  Interestingly my forward storage was the only space to remain dry, but I had it open anyway.  I was lucky nothing mildewed :wacko:.  So yeah, just throwing that out there.  YMMV.

36 minutes ago, Bolar said:

Last week I was fishing in the rain.  When I came home I noticed the rear storage compartment was a little wet in side so I took my PFD's and other gear out and left the lid open to dry.  Yesterday when I was out I opened my seat storage and noticed it was wet in there.  I kind of figured with the channel that runs on the top and it all being plastic, it would keep dry in the rain.  Nope.  It was sunny and warm so I opened all my compartment lids and laid out all my gear to properly air dry.  It was only me so it was no big deal.

So I made another rookie mistake, if your caught in some rain open all your compartment lids and dry everything out when you get home.  Interestingly my forward storage was the only space to remain dry, but I had it open anyway.  I was lucky nothing mildewed :wacko:.  So yeah, just throwing that out there.  YMMV.

Unfortunately that is the case with a lot of boats. It is not just trackers. Out of the last 3 I have owned, my current boat is the first to have true dry storage.

• Like 1

Yes hard to find one that’s totally water proof. I put plastic storage containers with lids in the storage compartments for things I really want to keep dry. 

Yesterday was the first time I took the Hertaige out, let me explained a little. I bought it Feb. 6th wasn’t scheduled to get it till mid June. dealer called May 1st said it was on it’s way. Picked up May 5, I was a happy camper.. while waiting for numbers and paperwork a week later I did something to my knee! Getting old sucks was in terrible pain wasn’t able to walk for a couple weeks and 6 weeks later good enough to give the boat a try.. Backed in the water yesterday and went to prim the bulb and noticed water in the boat, not a lot but still? Took off about 5 minuets in the motor died, oh great. Could not keep it running seemed to be starved for gas, tried all I know made sure tank was vented and checked all the connections but nothing was working. Primer bulb was being sucked flat so told me fuel pump was working just seemed like it had a air lock but just couldn’t get to go. Trolling Motored back to the dock and by the way water was coming in and was running bilge all the way back. Here I am old guy with a bum knee alone no motor and boat taking on water, great first trip. Great guy putting in helped me get it back on the trailer. Went home called bass pro they told me to bring it in, took the hour and twenty minute drive and dropped it off, 2 hours later they called to come get it. They said the fitting came loose in the tank and was bad. They filled up boat up with water and said it didn’t have any leaks. Took it back to the lake, backed in and boat started to fill with water. Back on trailer and home. I tilted boat all the way forward and filled with water, the livewell over flow drain on the side started leaking big time. Called bass pro drove it back down they are fixing it. So close to 6 hours driving back and fourth to BP pretty much did me in. They said they would get it today but maybe go back tomorrow or Monday. Minor little things don’t bug me I know this boat will be great when the little things get worked out. Just wish dealer was closer.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Zigkx said:

Are the boat covers trailerable? 

yes,they are towable.

Went out for the second time today and I am very pleased with the boat.  I have fished the local lakes for 40+ years in modified rowboats and dingys with trolling motors and 9hp 2 strokes.  This is by far the nicest ride I have ever owned.  Everything works as it should and it has everything I need.  I know it is not a high end boat, but to me it is like a Cadillac.   One thing it really made me notice is that the lakes around here are small, I get end to end in minutes.  Looking forward to exploring bigger lakes.

On 6/15/2018 at 5:24 PM, Jrt said:

Yes hard to find one that’s totally water proof. I put plastic storage containers with lids in the storage compartments for things I really want to keep dry. 

Yesterday was the first time I took the Hertaige out, let me explained a little. I bought it Feb. 6th wasn’t scheduled to get it till mid June. dealer called May 1st said it was on it’s way. Picked up May 5, I was a happy camper.. while waiting for numbers and paperwork a week later I did something to my knee! Getting old sucks was in terrible pain wasn’t able to walk for a couple weeks and 6 weeks later good enough to give the boat a try.. Backed in the water yesterday and went to prim the bulb and noticed water in the boat, not a lot but still? Took off about 5 minuets in the motor died, oh great. Could not keep it running seemed to be starved for gas, tried all I know made sure tank was vented and checked all the connections but nothing was working. Primer bulb was being sucked flat so told me fuel pump was working just seemed like it had a air lock but just couldn’t get to go. Trolling Motored back to the dock and by the way water was coming in and was running bilge all the way back. Here I am old guy with a bum knee alone no motor and boat taking on water, great first trip. Great guy putting in helped me get it back on the trailer. Went home called bass pro they told me to bring it in, took the hour and twenty minute drive and dropped it off, 2 hours later they called to come get it. They said the fitting came loose in the tank and was bad. They filled up boat up with water and said it didn’t have any leaks. Took it back to the lake, backed in and boat started to fill with water. Back on trailer and home. I tilted boat all the way forward and filled with water, the livewell over flow drain on the side started leaking big time. Called bass pro drove it back down they are fixing it. So close to 6 hours driving back and fourth to BP pretty much did me in. They said they would get it today but maybe go back tomorrow or Monday. Minor little things don’t bug me I know this boat will be great when the little things get worked out. Just wish dealer was closer.

Sorry to hear about your first venture out...not a good first impression. Look forward to hearing more details about the cause of the water coming in..