Bluebasser86

Blue's project boat

On 2/5/2018 at 9:45 PM, Bassy said:

nice work. is this project finish? what are other plans you have for it?

Thanks, it's far from finished. I haven't even started on the boat itself yet. Got to get the trailer squared away before I start work on that. Thankfully, the trailer is getting close and then I can start work on the boat. I did the dirty job I've been dreading on Monday. I pulled the hubs, cleaned the pounds of old grease out of them, removed the old bearings, races, and seals and replaced them with all new and got the hubs put back on. New tires and wheels are supposed to be here by Friday. Nothing fancy, just steel wheels and 13" tires. They're overkill for this boat and trailer, but tires are not the place to skimp on a boat trailer. The trailer just needs the wheels, lights and wiring that I already have, and a safety chain for the tongue and at the winch. 

• Like 1

Looking good! Can't wait to see how the boat turns out. Most people neglect the trailer...glad to see you knock it out first.

• Like 1

Tires came in today. Almost looks roadworthy now.

27901410_10210961115450132_2130086115_o.

• Like 4

Lights are mounted (they even work!). Switched the jack to the other side so no more worries about busted knuckles from the winch handle. Did have a minor setback when I discovered the bunks seem to have significant wood rot and will need replaced. Probably for the best to just put new ones on now and not have to deal with it a month or two down the road or have one break while loading the boat. Decided I'm going to paint the boat in a camo pattern for duck hunting. Watched enough Youtube videos on how to do it to feel like I can manage to not mess it up too badly, I'm sure I'll prove myself wrong there though.

Image may contain: outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor and nature

• Like 6

Ordered a set of Ultimate Bunk Boards for the trailer on Monday. Had them on my Roughneck trailer and liked them. Very nice for unloading on shallow ramps common on little lakes and rivers. Tried my hand at a camo paint job on the boat after watching several Youtube videos, turned out pretty well for my first time doing it.

Image may contain: outdoorImage may contain: outdoor

• Like 6

What boat, I just see a field of dried grass...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

booster beat me to it

looks good blue!