12poundbass

Sub zero 2017-2018

By this evening it will have dropped 50* in 24 hours. 😠

• Like 1

60° yesterday and this morning.  By tonight, back into the teens.

• Like 2

2° this morning.  I got 24" of snow in around 10 hours , Friday night.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, J Francho said:

2° this morning.  I got 24" of snow in around 10 hours , Friday night.

Holy crap that's a bunch of snow! We've been in the single digits for lows since Friday as far as snow goes we only have about 2" so I'm not complaining. 

The more I think about it, the more I believe that migratory birds, bears, and any other animal that hibernate are way smarter than us humans! Usually winter doesn't bother me but for some reason this winter is really getting under my skin.

Temp has been dropping all day.  Tomorrow the expected high is 15 degrees.  There is suppose to be a gradual warm up each day for the rest of the week.  They are saying the high Sunday will be near 60.  After that the temps will be in the low to mid 40's for the rest of the month.  Here's hoping the ice is all gone by Sunday.

It got up to high 50's low 60's here in Idaho this weekend, water temp was around 42 degrees and fishing was tough! Edge of ponds were melted out about 10 feet, just glad to be out there!

-1 here right now! :mad2:

I can handle normal winter cold like 20's even teens, but this single digit and negative high temps sucks!!

What is worrying many in my area is the ice jams along the river. After the cold, then the warmer temps with rain and now the freezing again things are getting scary. 

15 minutes ago, Gundog said:

What is worrying many in my area is the ice jams along the river. After the cold, then the warmer temps with rain and now the freezing again things are getting scary. 

The photos of the Susquehanna and Upper Delaware are crazy this year.  I was hoping to sneak away this past weekend for a trip on the upper Delaware and then I saw the pictures and said, "NOPE!"  

• Like 1

Been at my camp in vt with it 10 degrees using the privy at 4 30 am lets say you don’t read the newspaper.

i put out two feed blocks for the deer and whole and cracked corn from Tsc for the animals. My trail cam is nearby. The birds are emptying the two bird freeders in hours. Bad weather is coming.

Wind chills up to -22 yesterday. It was too cold even in my shop. Tried to get some stuff done out there for about 30 minutes before I retreated back to the relative warmth of the house. Supposed to get some relief by the end of the week. 

Ok..fine....it's official....it's pretty but I'm sending this stuff back up north....west...more east...but it does NOT belong in Knoxville....my boat needs to feel the water.aD46ejMoR6r054OtuUrta1imz7qQibcBDKTFl8Ww