Recently, I've seen Doomsday Tackle's rod, labelled "The 47", advertised on Facebook. After checking out their website and deciding that i would most definitely like to have one when i get my new reel soon. However, nowhere I've visited online has any reviews for the rod and i am curious to see what others think of this rod before i pull the trigger and buy one for $150. Anybody have any experienced with this rod? and if so, is it worth purchasing?

-Jesse

• Like 1

Lots of great rods out there for that price and less with proven track records. I understand the urge to try the newest, shiniest thing out there, but you might also want to take into consideration how long the company has been around and if they'll still be there if you need anything down the road, how is the warranty, how is customer service. Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I've been burnt by the excitement of trying the next big thing (thanks Carrot Stix), so just giving you some things to consider. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Doomsday Tackle outsourced the rod to Pure Fishing (I believe). Will Stewart of Pure Fishing designed the rod for Doomsday so I assume Pure is who is producing it. Take that however you like some love Abu and Fenwick rods some despise them.

• Confused 1

Following this. They look good but I’d really like to try one. 

Tackle tour did a full review of the 47, I think the ML model. Worth checking out 

32 minutes ago, evilcatfish said:

Tackle tour did a full review of the 47, I think the ML model. Worth checking out 

It received a "Best Value Award"

There's a few reviews out there on them. They look really nice to me.