Just picked up a new Scorpion DC and I'm pretty excited about it as it will be my first DC reel.  Anyone have one and care to share their experience?  I know little to nothing about them except the obvious digital control.

• Like 1

I know nothing about the Scorpion DC.  I picked up a used Exsence DC just as the weather was turning cold.  Got out once with it.  This I can tell you....F, BB, PE, SP and Max are thumb free with no backlash.  If I go below Max I can backlash the reel.  Reel came spooled with fluorocarbon.

I believe the Scorpion has an upgraded DC system.  (Mine is an older model.)  Someone else would have to confirm that, tho.  I have to think your reel could only be better.  I think you will love it.

• Like 1

I have the new one but I have only had it out 1 time. I did not get the distance casting I thought I would but it was probley not set up right. I switched to a to a scorpion 71 XG That I had out several times & had it fine tuned. That is one sweet reel. Matt when our weather breaks I'll go down on the pier & get the DC fined tuned. I do not have the older model to compare mine to but will let you know what I think of this one. 

• Like 1

Well I finally got the reel in and I can't get the dang side plate open.  I PM'ed DVT as he has helped me in the past.  

Has the same problem on a Curado 70 and I think after loosening the spool tension I was able to open it.  I've tried just about everything I can think of and can't get it open.

Thoughts anyone?

EDIT:  I'm not the sharpest tool.  There is an OPEN option on the external brake dial.  Opens perfectly in that setting.  

• Haha 1

Glad you figured it out. Enjoy your new acquisition. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, npl_texas said:

EDIT:  I'm not the sharpest tool.  There is an OPEN option on the external brake dial.  Opens perfectly in that setting.  

I guess RTFM doesn’t work when it’s in Japanese!  

Enjoy the new reel reel and give us a review once you get some time with it. I really want to try one.