wmwilker

Headed to central Florida in late February

Long time lurker here. My fishing buddy and I are headed to central Florida the third weekend of February for largemouth fishing. We plan to spend a week traveling the area fishing as much as possible. We were thinking of going to Palatka and fishing the St Johns, Lake George and Rodman. From there head to Lake Monroe and then to Harris or Griffin. That's a loose plan and I'm sure if we are successful in any particular place we will stay there for a while.

If anyone has any better suggestions or can offer any help or good info we would love to know. 

TIA

Mike 

I did a 30 boat tournament out on Rodman that time of the year a while back.  The people that stayed on Rodman did't get many with no one catching a full limit, but two over 10 were caught, including a 12. From what I was told, both of those fish came off docks.  Folks that locked over to George did much better as far as a 5 fish bag go, with speed worms and swimbaits being used by basically everyone. 

If you're going after a trophy, Rodman with live shiners is one of the top lakes in the state.

Never fished the St. John's around Palatka, heard it can be pretty tough compared to other stretches of the river but a lot of big fish can be caught.  Never fished Monroe, but I know a lot of guys love that lake.

Good Luck

I did a 30 boat tournament out on Rodman that time of the year a while back.  The people that stayed on Rodman did't get many with no one catching a full limit, but two over 10 were caught, including a 12. From what I was told, both of those fish came off docks.  Folks that locked over to George did much better as far as a 5 fish bag go, with speed worms and swimbaits being used by basically everyone. 

If you're going after a trophy, Rodman with live shiners is one of the top lakes in the state.

Never fished the St. John's around Palatka, heard it can be pretty tough compared to other stretches of the river but a lot of big fish can be caught.  Never fished Monroe, but I know a lot of guys love that lake.

Good Luck

Thanks Dink!!!