Oregon Native

Afraid to use....

15 hours ago, scaleface said:

I did something stupid two years ago . I was searching for a brush pile that I knew was there but hidden by high water .  I was fan casting a prized Rebel Deep Wee R in Naturalized crappie searching for it .    I lost it  in that sunken brush . That one hurt because the outcome was predictable .

The same summer I was bouncing one of my favorite vintage silent Bayou Boogies in the rip rap of a dam , knowing that it was just a matter of time before I lost it but it was producing .

I have one of those Deep WeeR baits in Crappie you can have.  It isn't in the best shape but definitely fishable.  

Allen 

3 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

This will be my first season with swimbaits, so I am sticking with mass produced lures for now.  

Swimbait related, the only lure I will hesitate to throw is a bbz rat that I bought, fished for three days (and did great on!) but then lost when I got cocky and made a sloppy cast into some pads.  Like 2-3 months later I found it floating on the far side of the pond.  That rat proved it's loyalty and gets a place of honor on the Christmas tree.  

I love a happy ending!

Not because I’m afraid to loose em, because......:lolk:

DA2F5E08-5ADA-4467-B905-730F83C0CBED.jpeg

On 1/19/2018 at 6:01 AM, scaleface said:

I did something stupid two years ago . I was searching for a brush pile that I knew was there but hidden by high water .  I was fan casting a prized Rebel Deep Wee R in Naturalized crappie searching for it .    I lost it  in that sunken brush . That one hurt because the outcome was predictable .

The same summer I was bouncing one of my favorite vintage silent Bayou Boogies in the rip rap of a dam , knowing that it was just a matter of time before I lost it but it was producing .

You have a replacement now correct? :)

• Like 1

Yes ,thanks to you .  

• Like 1

I have a few but an old Rabble Rouser Baby Ashley has been retired since 1995. It caught 7 bass the first day I tied it on in 1980 and countless fish until it was put up for good. I have several hundred Rebels that will never see the water also.

• Like 1

I have a dollar bin Wal Mat spinnerbait that has never seen the water.:lol:

• Like 1