Jump to content
Smokinal

Would you enter the BBWC if you....

Recommended Posts

....didn't think you could make the final even if you won your state? This format sounds like a fun side thing to do but I don't think I could afford to make the trip if I did win my state. I think they take the next entry so it would make some other angler who placed second happy anyway.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I couldn’t make the final it would be a no for me.

I was in the final last year, representing NY.

I did manage 2nd place, losing first by less than an ounce.

I flew to Oklahoma with my wife, and shipped my rods down via Fed Ex.

Overall a pretty cool experience. I won a Bass Hunter boat and trolling motor for 2nd place.

Some of the anglers did suggest to Brad and Terri Uhl who are the events organizers that in future finals maybe have some of the money divided for 2nd thru 5th places also.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^I saw that on their website! Congrats!

So, one of my questions is, do we haul our own boat there?

Do we know where the final is going to be this year yet?

Date of said final?

 

I should look on their website; probably all there...

 

EDIT: They keep the lake and date a secret. They don't give much info on boats tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they do keep the lake under wraps. Most likely will be in Oklahoma again as that’s where they live. Although Tennessee was mentioned as a possibility, I’d guess not.

 

They have over twenty fully rigged bass boats waiting for the state winners(depending on how many are actually coming). These boats are donated from sponsors and friends of Brad and Teri.

Two state winners on each boat along with the Marshall(owner).

All you need are your rods and tackle. 5 rods are the maximum allowed.

 

The main reason for me of not joining if I knew I wound not go to the final is I fish off of small boats (8’ bass hunter or 12’ porta) and its a pain in the ass just getting measurements. Especially on the BH, which I use more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the finals typically on Sat or Sun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 5:00 PM, long island basser said:

If I couldn’t make the final it would be a no for me.

I was in the final last year, representing NY.

I did manage 2nd place, losing first by less than an ounce.

I flew to Oklahoma with my wife, and shipped my rods down via Fed Ex.

Overall a pretty cool experience. I won a Bass Hunter boat and trolling motor for 2nd place.

Some of the anglers did suggest to Brad and Terri Uhl who are the events organizers that in future finals maybe have some of the money divided for 2nd thru 5th places also.

 

Hey LIB!

Congrats on your 2nd place win of BBWC! I saw you in Bassin' magazine with your magical green friend...nice fish!

I am entered this year for Massachusetts, and am already setting aside the cash for the trip to OK. I'll be driving ( yes, I'm that confident I'll be going) so I can hitch that first place boat to my truck and drive it home!!!!!

 

In another thread someone was talking about fishing goals for 2018, so now you know what mine is!

 

Best of luck to you if you are fishing for NY again this year!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm rooting for you LadiMopar!! (even if I am a Chevy guy) Good to see you so fired up for this thing!

 

The other half of my issue is my work does not allow any time off from Oct 15th through Jan 1st. That's why I was hoping the final would be on a Sunday because I may be able to shoot out on a Sat afternoon and fish Sunday, red eye it back to work Mon morning but it doesn't look like that will happen either.

I guess I'll just keep all my lunkers a secret!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smokinal said:

Well I'm rooting for you LadiMopar!! (even if I am a Chevy guy) Good to see you so fired up for this thing!

 

Thanks for the moral support Smokinal, that means a lot even though you are a Chevy guy! You obviously know how we Mopar people are..rather push my RAM than even think about driving anything else, but in this case I will happily overlook what you drive!

 

Really stinks that your job will keep you from joining this tournament. My "job" is the reason I'm in this tournament. Mine comes with no vacation or sick days at least officially. I'm a full time care giver to my parents, on call 24/7/365. Not complaining, just stating a fact.

 

This type of tournament fits my crazy, never know from day to day life. So along with the traveling cash I'm setting aside I'm also putting my back up care giver on notice so we can have Big Bass on the brain and not be constantly thinking about are the folks okay.

 

Hitting the water tomorrow for the first time this season...woohoo! Open water!!!!! Guess its time to laminate my Official BBWC ruler!!!:cheer:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang!! You are FIRED UP girl!! Love it!

Much respect for what you are doing for your parents. Makes me wanna see you take that whole thing even more.

Keep us posted on any fish you submit over the summer; I'd love to follow you.

 

Oh, and does your Ram have the heated tailgate option? :wink1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Smokinal said:

Dang!! You are FIRED UP girl!! Love it!

Much respect for what you are doing for your parents. Makes me wanna see you take that whole thing even more.

Keep us posted on any fish you submit over the summer; I'd love to follow you.

 

Oh, and does your Ram have the heated tailgate option? :wink1:

 

Yes indeed I am all kinds of fired up for this! Not to sound whiney or arrogant in anyway but winning this thing would be awesome, not just for me, not just because I'm a woman, but my Dad has Alzheimer's (almost 7 years into it now) and this may be the last year we have that he could actually get some joy out my success. 

 

He's the reason I learned to love fishing, taking me out when I was just a wee little person, and never once did he say "girls shouldn't do this".  Taught me to bait a hook, swing a hammer, turn a wrench....So in my own way this is really all about him. Just another way for me to let him know how grateful I am for teaching me that it was okay to be me.

 

As for my RAM...no heated tailgate, but heated and cooled leather seats! Heated steering wheel, mirrors etc.,etc. Pretty much a fully loaded Laramie 1500.

 

Now don't you want to come over to the dark side? Come on, you know you do!!!! Here Hemi, Hemi, Hemi!!!!:DarkVader:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LadiMopar said:

 

Hey LIB!

Congrats on your 2nd place win of BBWC! I saw you in Bassin' magazine with your magical green friend...nice fish!

I am entered this year for Massachusetts, and am already setting aside the cash for the trip to OK. I'll be driving ( yes, I'm that confident I'll be going) so I can hitch that first place boat to my truck and drive it home!!!!!

 

In another thread someone was talking about fishing goals for 2018, so now you know what mine is!

 

Best of luck to you if you are fishing for NY again this year!

Thankyou. And good luck to you.

All the state winners in the championship in 2017 were automatically entered for 2018.

Have my ruler, just have to go fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×