Muddy wolf

Finesse bait casting reel

1 hour ago, freelancer27 said:

I think if you start coloring your lures with nail polish, you will finally start catching! 

Hmmm maybe you’re onto something... what about if i tie a washer onto my crankbaits for extra dull flash and clanking sound?

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, dblades said:

I use a Shimano 100b w/upgraded bearing and a light Japanese spool to cast 1/16 Ned Rigs. Recently got my hands on a Chronarch 50MG I'm gonna try next. You'll have a harder time pairng it with a rod that works, than finding a reel that works.

I've got to agree with this.  I know some guys on here could do it with a MH rod, but I'm not one of them.  Highly doubt I will ever be that good with a baitcast reel.   I need a rod that loads properly.  Love my 100B but never considered using it for light baits.  Won't either considering I already have a few Pixies, Alphas and Curado 51E reels.  Still it is nice to know the 100B is capable of that.  From everything I have read I think you will love that 50MG.

11 hours ago, zeth said:

Hmmm maybe you’re onto something... what about if i tie a washer onto my crankbaits for extra dull flash and clanking sound?

I like where your head is at! We should def found our own lure company. Our lures might not catch ****, but def. would hot like a mothatrucker!

21 hours ago, freelancer27 said:

I think if you start coloring your lures with nail polish, you will finally start catching! 

I've been painting bass popper heads for fly fishing with nail polish for years...

Considering moving to UV cured nail polish this season, but haven't got off the starting line on getting it done yet.

This is a good reminder!

A little "Old School":  Ryobi VMAG-3 (properly lubricated) light action rod and 8-10# mono will cast 1/8th oz with ease. Dropping to 6-8# mono allows this set up to handle 1/16 oz reliably.  These reels can be purchased on ebay under $30.