buzzed bait

WTB Shimano Septon Knobs (Left Handed)

Looking to buy at least one set, but potentially a couple/few sets.  Looking for the smaller sized septon knobs (LEFT HANDED), not the power grip 2 version that seem to be readily available.  Really would prefer new or mint condition.  Let me know if you’ve got some to get rid of or if you know of a place that I can purchase these from new that would be great!

Call Shimano Parts in Irvine California. 

5 hours ago, Dwight Hottle said:

Call Shimano Parts in Irvine California. 

Do you have that number Dwight?  I’ve only got one for the main customer service line and they’ve said those knobs weren’t sold separately...

11 minutes ago, buzzed bait said:

Do you have that number Dwight?  I’ve only got one for the main customer service line and they’ve said those knobs weren’t sold separately...

Try 877 577 0600 or fish.shimano.com. If they don't have them try Robert Perez at Hawg Tech & tell him I sent you. If you have the schematic for the reel you can get the part number from it. Hawg Tech number is 561 310 4043 & email is support@hawgtech.com

1 hour ago, Dwight Hottle said:

Try 877 577 0600 or fish.shimano.com. If they don't have them try Robert Perez at Hawg Tech & tell him I sent you. If you have the schematic for the reel you can get the part number from it. Hawg Tech number is 561 310 4043 & email is support@hawgtech.com

thanks dwight, i had hit robert up on this already.... it's to put on one of his handles anyways!  :lol:

he has the power grip 2 knobs that come from shimano.  the ones i'm looking for say "technical grip" on them and they're smaller than those power grip 2's that are the current production version.  and i don't know why really, but i'm kinda partial to them!

Have you tried the Tackle Trap? I know they have the power grip II's but they might have set of the smaller ones. Worth a shot to call them.

6 hours ago, Mumbly said:

Have you tried the Tackle Trap? I know they have the power grip II's but they might have set of the smaller ones. Worth a shot to call them.

Yeah I tried there, Gary has the power grips.  He also had the met MGL knobs and I’m snagging a set to see if they’ll work. 

• Like 1

I actually do have a set on a curado 51e. Not in new condition but not bad either. They had reel grips on them for years so they didn't get much touch. They are yours if you want them . I would just need some sort of rubber knob to put in its place. Anything that isn't eva foam is fine. I'll put some pictures below. You can always buy the handle assembly and just take the knobs off the handle. BNT4173. 

223.jpg

221.jpg

17 hours ago, iabass8 said:

I actually do have a set on a curado 51e. Not in new condition but not bad either. They had reel grips on them for years so they didn't get much touch. They are yours if you want them . I would just need some sort of rubber knob to put in its place. Anything that isn't eva foam is fine. I'll put some pictures below. You can always buy the handle assembly and just take the knobs off the handle. BNT4173. 

Thanks dude, very generous offer.  i have some met mgl knobs supposed to arrive today, if they don't get the job done i'll let you know.  really do appreciate the offer man!

I have a set of the those in like new condition from a previous swap out to the power grip 2.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tim_kovar said:

I have a set of the those in like new condition from a previous swap out to the power grip 2.

Thanks man, I used the met mgl knobs and they worked out pretty well. 

Thanks everyone one for the help!