Need help. I'm ready to get the garmin panoptix ice bundle and mount it on my boat during the summer. but I'm not sure if it will do what I'm expecting. i fish lots of docks in okaboji and steep banks with fallin trees. I'm wondering if I'll be able to see the difference between fish and structures and how well it will work fishing this way. if you have one please tell me what you think of it. worth the money ?

Simply put, if it is moving it's a fish.  I'm not an ice angler, but have been using Panoptix since the beginning.  I do know ice anglers have been raving about this bundle on other forums.  

Thanks I skipped the ice bundle and went with the ecomap 74 Sv from basspro what transducer do you have I'm thinking of the ps22 

I've had the ps21 since the beginning and really like it.  I've thought about a ps22 but really don't need the down shot nearly as much as the forward, so haven't pulled the trigger on that.  I like it for looking in front of me when going down a row of docks.  Especially if I don't know which docks have brush piles out in front or under them.  Don't have to drive over them or find them with sidevu and then come back.

SE Kansas grass grower

Thanks sprocket.can you see fish under the docks or bye brush piles of so I'm so getting one 

If the fish are moving, absolutely.  If they aren't, then it is difficult to destinguish between fish and brush or other cover.

SE Kansas grass grower

On 3/1/2018 at 11:00 PM, FishOn!GetTheNet said:

Thanks I skipped the ice bundle and went with the ecomap 74 Sv from basspro what transducer do you have I'm thinking of the ps22 

Hi Fish on, Terry here.

I don't know much about these other than what I've read.  But I was also looking at the panoptix and a little unclear of what model garmin finders the PS 22 is compatible with but per the Garmin outlet store it say's the following:

For Garmin GPS Models:

• echoMAP™: CHIRP 72cv, CHIRP 72sv, CHIRP 92sv
  • GPSMAP®: 10X2, 1222, 1222xsv, 1242xsv, 722, 7407, 7408, 7410, 7412, 7416, 7607, 7608, 7610, 7612, 7616, 8417 MFD, 8422 MFD, 8424 MFD, 8617 MFD, 8622 MFD, 8624 MFD, 922xs

I would attach the link but not had much luck with attaching any links here so to to the Garmin store and type in PS22 This info had suprised me as I assumed the PS22 would work with a 73 or 74SV but according to this not so. 

However the PS21 will work with your 74SV and can be had for under 700 dollars.  I believe I have the same unit (74SV) as you.   Mine came with the CV51M-TM Transducer and the blue chart and Lake vu maps etc. 

Terry  

Thanks for all input sorry it's taken me so long to get back on the site I just called Garman and they say that the echo map 74 SV chirp is compatible with the PS 22 i can't wait to get it and get it out on the water once all the ice is gone out here I have to go with the PS 22 so I have that down view during the winter when all my lakes freeze over not a fan of ice fishing but I love to fish and I got to do something during the winter

12 hours ago, FishOn!GetTheNet said:

Thanks for all input sorry it's taken me so long to get back on the site I just called Garman and they say that the echo map 74 SV chirp is compatible with the PS 22 i can't wait to get it and get it out on the water once all the ice is gone out here I have to go with the PS 22 so I have that down view during the winter when all my lakes freeze over not a fan of ice fishing but I love to fish and I got to do something during the winter

That's good to know.  As I said above, I got the info from the Garmin store website and wondered if it was accurate but apparently it wasn't.  I"m glad it will work with your 74VS Chirp since that is what I also have. 

https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/Category/CategoryListNoCache.aspx?category_id=0&search_term=Garmin PS22

I am lookingat the ice bundle too, with plan to mount it on the bow.  Has anyone considered mounting the ice bracket at bow so it can be moved independent from TM?

That was my plan when I was going to buy the ice bundle kit but I went the cheap route and I plan on making my own mount and mounting it up at the bow that way when I'm fishing I don't need to point My trolling motor at where I'm casting I figure it's got to be easier just to grab a little handled it's made out of some PVC and then to keep bumping my trolling motor the direction I want to go and then back to where I'm fishing from the looks of the ice bundle mount it looks very simple to make your own

3 hours ago, FishOn!GetTheNet said:

That was my plan when I was going to buy the ice bundle kit but I went the cheap route and I plan on making my own mount and mounting it up at the bow that way when I'm fishing I don't need to point My trolling motor at where I'm casting I figure it's got to be easier just to grab a little handled it's made out of some PVC and then to keep bumping my trolling motor the direction I want to go and then back to where I'm fishing from the looks of the ice bundle mount it looks very simple to make your own

You can do it I'm sure without buying the ice bundle kit. 

Being budget minded, and with the PS21 selling for several hundred dollars less than the PS22 I'm wondering why a person can't just point the PS21 down instead of forward if they want the downview feature instead of sideview?  In looking at the PS22 it has the same specks for the most part as the 21.  The 22 like the 21 can't see in 2 directions at the same time, it has to be pointed down to see down and pointed forward to see forward.  I'm not clear on why a person can't just point the 21 down if they prefer to see down instead of forward?  Or would that cause a programming issue and confuse the the picture we see on the screen as it might still be assuming a forward view and not a down view if the 21 were pointed down?   For what it's worth there are 2 versions of the PS21.  One version, the PS21-TR is the Trolling motor version and has a 45 degree Beamwidth and then there is the PS21-TM which is the transome mount verson and has a 20 degree beamwidth which is the same beamwidth as the PS22.  They all seem to operate at 417Khz.    Just a thought.  

I thought the same thing but the Garman people say The ps22 changes the screen automatically when you switch it to down the PS 21 is not compatible with the down view screen

35 minutes ago, FishOn!GetTheNet said:

I thought the same thing but the Garman people say The ps22 changes the screen automatically when you switch it to down the PS 21 is not compatible with the down view screen

Thanks for clearing that up.