TylerT123

Hard bait kits?

Are there any quality hard bait lots? I bought a kit from Amazon and that was a mistake. The paint chips off, they break, the hooks snap off. Do the better brands such as Rebel, Booyah... make hard bait kits/lots?

Those cheap kit mostly came from china where they use cheap hook/hardware and cheap paint. I'd rather buy individual used form flemarket here or when big retail store got their sale going on. 

Screenshot_20180303-144509.png

Bass pro also has frog kits soft plastics kits and lots of other stuff.

Screenshot_20180303-144426.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Czorn said:

Screenshot_20180303-144509.png

Bass pro also has frog kits soft plastics kits and lots of other stuff.

Screenshot_20180303-144426.png

^^^

Yep, these are the ticket, from BPS. The moment I opened this thread, before scrolling down, I specifically thought of recommending the same thing.

Buy a Plano plastic lure storage box and pick out lures separately, kits are a waste of money. Start with each the same brand, add when you have success.

Tom

2 hours ago, WRB said:

Buy a Plano plastic lure storage box and pick out lures separately, kits are a waste of money. Start with each the same brand, add when you have success.

Tom

The square bill kit saves you about 17$

BPS also sells XPS kits. They are sets of 5. They have about 5 different varieties. I can only speak personally about the lip less set they offer. It is a great set and they are only 15.99. XPS is an in house brand of BPS, but I have used them a lot and they are holding up well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Czorn said:

The square bill kit saves you about 17$

But if it does work or not suitable in his area he wasted the whole amount he paid. If he gonna buy the kit, I think the one with different varieties would be better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustJames said:

But if it does work or not suitable in his area he wasted the whole amount he paid. If he gonna buy the kit, I think the one with different varieties would be better.

Yeah, the only thing is that I’d like a few different colors.

22 hours ago, TylerT123 said:

Yeah, the only thing is that I’d like a few different colors.

That's the only thing I don't like about it -- a squarebill kit should have more than one in a craw color, maybe half. However, it's worth pointing out there is some variety you can't tell from the picture:  the kit does come with some crakbaits in 1.5 size and some in 2.5 size. Also, some of them are silent and some rattle. Rattling versions of KVD crankbaits can only be bought at Bass Pro; other places only have the silent version.

• Like 1