I was in the market for a high quality Ultra Light spinning rod for stream bass, finesse bass and panfishing with light stuff.

I don't like most Ultra Lights because the actions seem too soft for me so I took a chance on a Major Craft 642 2 piece Corzza.

I bought it on Ebay for $135 shipped. This rod gets an A+ from me. It has an XF action with a nice amount of backbone, beautiful cork and a nice sold handle, and tangle free Fuji guides. The manufacturing is really nice, great finishing and well put together. It's line rating is 3-7lb and 6'4" which is right up my alley.

I'm glad I took the chance it's exactly what I was looking for. It's no noodle rod, so it casts accurately and is very sensitive.

Does anyone else have experience with Major Craft rods? I'm thinking of getting a medium action now.

I got go emotion 2pc casting Light power. There is quite a bit of backbone for light action rod and can cast 1/8 oz pretty good. I use this rod for 1/16 oz mushroom jig with Zman TRD. 

• Like 1

Yep, very underated and appreciated rod in the US. I have a UL Speedstyle spinner and ML casting rod. They are very nice. Stunning looks, great balance, premium components, great build quality, and the performance to back it up. Neither fishes like a 2 piece rod and if I didn't tell you it was 2 piece you wouldn't know.

I just picked up a volkey bfs casting rod in November. I haven't used it yet, but I'm impressed with the quality.

56 minutes ago, kickerfish1 said:

Yep, very underated and appreciated rod in the US. I have a UL Speedstyle spinner and ML casting rod. They are very nice. Stunning looks, great balance, premium components, great build quality, and the performance to back it up. Neither fishes like a 2 piece rod and if I didn't tell you it was 2 piece you wouldn't know.

Yeah man! That's the other thing, I agree it feels like a one piece rod. I also have a ML Fenwick Walleye 6'9" 2 piece and a Fenwick River Runner UL that's the same deal. Feels like a one piece.

I never heard of Major Craft rods until Don Iovino gave me a finesse spinning rod to try out about 3 years ago. Today I own 3 Major Craft rods; Don's signature finesse spinning rod, Splash-It casting rod and MH 7' spinning rod. IMO at the price point they are excellent.

Tom 

• Like 1

I bought my first Major Craft rod (used) as one of my Christmas gifts to myself.  Never held a Major Craft before.  I think it is a nice looking rod.  It is the Benkei BIS-672L.  Seller said this is a bass rod, not a noodle rod.  I've not used it yet, but pressing the tip against the floor, I can tell it has more backbone than my old....really old....6' Berkley Lightning rated 1/8-3/8 oz.  Purchased it strictly for Ned Rigs, but I have an idea it could be used for a lot more than that.

I have one of their Volkey UL casting rods and love it.  Pretty flashy looking, especially in comparison to my Kistlers.  B)

I'm looking forward to trying one of their UL or L spinning rods, and will be looking at their other BFS-style casting rods.

Tight lines,

Bob