VAbassjunky

What fish are on my graph?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWn4cZEsgq4

Hey guys! Can someone forward to the end of my video and help me figure out what kind of fish I found on my graph? I'm still trying to learn how to read a graph and figure out what type of fish I'm going over. Everything I've read says that bass will spread out on the bottom and not stack up on top of each other. These fish were spread out on the bottom but also stacked?? It was a ton of fish. This is on Lake Anna. Water temp 48-49. Any input will help! Thanks guys. 

First things first; sonar images return a signal from the air bladder, not the meat or mass of the fish. The size of the image depends on where the fish is located in reference to the sonar signal cone, the speed the boat or fish are moving and the size of the air bladder.

The marks could be any fish with an air bladder at that location. The fact that bait is nearby, marks are actively moving would indicate predator fish of some type that could be bass. The only way to know for sure is catch them.

Tom

• Like 1

Thanks for the help Tom! Hopefully that school is still close by this weekend and I can get into one of them!

9 hours ago, WRB said:

sonar images return a signal from the air bladder,

I'm not saying your wrong , you know a lot more about fishing than I , but that doesnt make sense to me . I thought  the echoes bounce off the mass of the fish .

Welcome aboard @VAbassjunky!

• Like 1

Thanks Darren! Hopefully I'll be posting a picture Saturday night of one of these big girls!