MuskyGuy

NEW - Mystery Tackle Box Elite

MTB came out with a new MTB Elite Box for $39.99 they're saying each box will hold about $60 worth of quality baits. I love the MTB Pro Box, has anyone given this a try? 

I don't believe anyone has received one yet. I think it was released just last week. It'll be interesting to see what they will have in them though.

I think I'll stick with the Pro. I like MTB but they give a lot of funky baits that I'd originally never use.

• Haha 1

I always liked Lucky Tackle Box better I thought they had a little better selection of baits that came each month. 

Looks like they are already sold out!  Let us know how it is if anyone gets one!

• Like 1

Not interested.

This is something I had mixed feelings about when the Pro box debuted also: I liked the idea of getting more tackle, but I was worried they would reduce the quality, variety and value of the regular box to encourage subscribers to jump up to the pro. I was concerned the pro customers would end up being catered to, while regular box subscribers would get the "leavings". I think that has actually happened to an extent-- I get a pro box half the year and a regular box the other half. The month-to-month value of the regular boxes I have been getting are lower than they used to be, and I have watched them get taken over almost completely by "catch co" items. The catch co items are not necessarily "bad" (I think most aren't, but some are), but they're frankly not the reason I subscribe.

I worry the elite box is an attempt to push this trend further, and will ultimately do the pro box what the pro box appears to have done to the regular box.  As it is, I see no reason to continue getting a regular box at all, and I've decided to stop subscribing half the year, and only get the pro the other half. We'll see what happens with the Pro, but if it starts to decline, I won't be jumping up to an elite, I'll just end the subscription.