bendings1

What should I throw?

I'm going to be fishing this weekend for the first time in my kayak! I got a vibe yellow fin 130T so my fiance and I could go together. We've never been kayak fishing but this won't be our first ride in a kayak. I havnt had a chance to outfit the kayak but I have 2 rod holders and will have added at least two more to the milk crate I have. I will be fishing Lake Kedron and online it's saying the lake temp is in the 60s. I've only fished from there pier there once and it seemed like it was a fairly clear lake. Bass minder says I should be either throwing a spinner bait or a plastic worm. I'm still fairly a newbie at this so I was wondering suggestions for depth and how I should fish the plastics. I've wanted to try neko rigging and was maybe thinking of throwing a split shot on for my fiance. What is your suggestions for me? What should I throw? What color and weighs and how deep? Anything will help! Thanks guys and gals!

should be spawning. don't know the lake at all, but if i were taking my wife she'd have either a shaky head or a light carolina rig on a spinning rod, just drag a lizard around and have the shaky for more specific targets or pockets.

8 hours ago, bendings1 said:

What should I throw?

Lures with single hooks.

• Like 1

Are you going to be in the back or the front?  I have never seen 2 fish from a yak.  I got hooked enough guiding with someone else on the front deck I would be duckin all day!!  :lol:

26 minutes ago, TOXIC said:

Are you going to be in the back or the front?  I have never seen 2 fish from a yak.  I got hooked enough guiding with someone else on the front deck I would be duckin all day!!  :lol:

I will be in the back. I don't trust her enough to be in front of her haha. She hasn't hooked me in the boat. This is a little bit closer quarters. I trust me the thought has occurred and I'm definitely a little worried.