OK guys, just got an email from Cabelas and now is your chance to save big bucks.  For instance $30 off Diawa Fuego spinning reels and many other items of baits and equipment.

30 minutes ago, OnthePotomac said:

OK guys, just got an email from Cabelas and now is your chance to save big bucks.  For instance $30 off Diawa Fuego spinning reels and many other items of baits and equipment.

Be aware, It’s the old model Fuego not the new LT 

The monkey got me for $2 fat albert grubs, $4 Husky Jerks, and a couple of Syclops spoons.

• Like 1

What is wrong with the older model Diawa Fuego reel? I was thinking about getting one to try since is aluminum instead of graphite. I appreciate any info you can give me.

3 hours ago, Log Catcher said:

What is wrong with the older model Diawa Fuego reel? I was thinking about getting one to try since is aluminum instead of graphite. I appreciate any info you can give me.

The new one is much lighter and I just wanted to point out the sale is on the old one. I have the new one and love it. Never used the old one.

Japanese reels came t the US made from aluminum, than graphite because it was better, than when the Curados came with all the new reels from others in aluminum because it was better, now graphite is better again. Make up my mind.

Still have some of the original graphite Shimano Bantam 101s with the little tiny handles that still work great. Had a tapered spool like the Lew's BB1s.